If you wanted a big elk?

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
I would contact WY General unit outfitters with private. Most will set you up with a group that has excess points to get you a tag. You just pay more for that as they kick back money to the guys that provided excess points.

Co, NM or NV landowner tags would also work.

But I don't think the NV landowner tag would leave you any money for a guide out of that $20K.

Tribal in AZ usually produce larger than 325. They may offer discounted price for a 325 bull.
Funny. A friend of a friend won a “$5000” hunt on the Jicarilla. Apparently he thought he could kill “any” bull. He was allowed to bring a friend. His friend spotted a monster from the truck. The guide kept driving and told him he could kill a $5k bull and that this one was a $30k bull and promptly radio’s his partner and tells him he found a bull for the other client who promptly brought over his client who killed him while the others watched from a distance.

Seamaster

Lil-Rokslider
Wagonhound ranch. Douglas wyoming
The hunts there will cost that much, but without a hat full of points the only way to get a license is to pay dearly for one. Wagonhound will help a fellow find and buy a license, and currently that license would cost around $20,000. All together that would be at least double the budget.

New Zealand - no points, no draws, no waiting. Estate hunt but for $20,000 you can also throw in extra free-range animals, firearms rental, first-class food, five-star lodging, airfare, beach tourism, and more.

Several Premium Lodges available. Check’em out online…
  • Elk - Starting Price -- $8000

Deadfall

WKR
The hunts there will cost that much, but without a hat full of points the only way to get a license is to pay dearly for one. Wagonhound will help a fellow find and buy a license, and currently that license would cost around $20,000. All together that would be at least double the budget.
No doubt about it

Wapiti1

WKR
If it were me, I'd go to New Mexico and hunt a unit wide LO tag in a good unit. Should cost roughly 10-15k for a 5 to 7 day hunt including the voucher. Then I would spend the rest of my 20K on extra days to get to a minimum of 10 days to hunt or the max length of the season. And I'd target 350" bulls. Those take time and effort, but are there in most decent units.

Talk with the folks at Huntin Fool, and Epic Outdoors. They'll be able to point you to who has been shooting what in each unit. They also have contacts for LO tags.

Jeremy

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
If it were me, I'd go to New Mexico and hunt a unit wide LO tag in a good unit. Should cost roughly 10-15k for a 5 to 7 day hunt including the voucher. Then I would spend the rest of my 20K on extra days to get to a minimum of 10 days to hunt or the max length of the season. And I'd target 350" bulls. Those take time and effort, but are there in most decent units.

Talk with the folks at Huntin Fool, and Epic Outdoors. They'll be able to point you to who has been shooting what in each unit. They also have contacts for LO tags.

Jeremy
This is what I'd do with that budget and goal.

Imo, you should be able to hit that 325 goal for less money...again just my opinion.

I'd call a few outfitters to get thier opinion for price an area of a UW tag to hit the 325 plus elk.

You may want to try Pete with 505 outfitters and Kieth Williams with Arizona pro hunts (lots of Ground and contacts in western nm).

Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Outfitter in CO 40
Yeah, outfitters with access to private will most likely have vouchers as well.

You could also look into other hard draw units in the NW- 1,2,201,10 for good bulls. Even unit 61 will have 325” bulls and high numbers- that’s one you could DIY with a unit wide tag for probably half your budget- heck go twice!

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
White Mountain Rez #1

Mescalero Rez #2

Both you will hunt peak rut with a rifle, and a 330+ would be almost certain. A CWMU tag in Utah would be 3rd IMO, during Sept. The magic of Elk hunting is in Sept. IMO. I don’t really get excited about them later in the fall.

Best of luck to you

WRO

WKR
My buddy Brian Campbell has a second season tag for sale for 7500 guided, decent shot at 325 or better bull. Cody coles has a mount Emily outfitters tag for sale that 325 is very doable on, better is the expectation, Waller Powell no tellum guide service has options to for 1/3 your budget. 325 isn’t that giant of a bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
I'm curious how a Wyoming outfitter even renowned Wagonhound will "help a fellow find and buy a license" for $20,000. (not that I'm in the market for a $$$$ elk tag). LO tags are not transferable. Even with a party app everyone better have a lot of points to draw in Area 7. The Wagonhound website says you better have 13+ points to get a Type 1 tag and book a hunt. No mention of a tag finding fee.

$20k won't even sniff a Wyoming Governor's Auction tag.

I just assumed when someone wanted to buy a trophy elk tag they went to the tribes in AZ or Ted Turner in NM.