If you could only own one rifle???

IL Rifle

FNG
Out of the rifles I currently have, probably my M70 pushfeed laminated stock featherweight in .30-06. If I were to buy a new rifle, then I'd look really hard at a Mauser or Tikka in .30-06.

I like .30-06 because it has a number of versatile loadings, is readily available just about anywhere, and is easy to reload. Plus- I'm an old guy and have a lot of experience with '06

22lr

WKR
Pretty easy for me, my pre-64 M70 30-06. Im a huge fan of the 30-06 for a general purpose round. You can easily find better cartridges to kill almost anything specific, but if you want to kill a little bit of everything then the 30-06 is just a truly great versatile round.

Rich M

WKR
I've got an all weather Model 70 30-06 and it has killed a lot of critters for me. But find myself grabbing the .243 these days.

So, with the game I'm hunting (deer & antelope), sign me up for a 6mm sized rifle.

Savage 116 chambered in 30-06 Springfield.

Or an AR-15 so I could easily switch uppers for different hunts. Then I could shoot anything from 17 WSM to 50 BMG.

Blaser R8... with a hand full of different barrels.. I told.my wife it would be the last rifle i ever need.. every time i buy a new barrel she says" i though you said it was the last rifle you would ever need" ...im not buying a new rifle. Just a new barrel... barrel swaps take less the 5 min and all i need is a T handled allen key.
Current barrels are an 8x57is and 7mm.

2rocky

WKR
Had the same .300 Win Mag for 30 years now. Only have a .223 because I won it at a RMEF dinner.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Some sort of an all weather 30-06 with a nice 3-9 like a meopro would probably be enough for me for quite awhile.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’m shocked and appalled at the number of people who... out of the infinite options of ONE SINGLE perfectly built rifle are choosing... a basic, boring, cookie cutter Cooper, run of the mill rem 700, vanilla vanguard, straight-laced Stevens/Savage, mundane model 70, buttoned down boring ass bolt action!

Get creative you crazy cats and kittens! Feel free to have hopes and dreams!

Whitetailkiller80

Lil-Rokslider
I’m shocked and appalled at the number of people who... out of the infinite options of ONE SINGLE perfectly built rifle are choosing... a basic, boring, cookie cutter Cooper, run of the mill rem 700, vanilla vanguard, straight-laced Stevens/Savage, mundane model 70, buttoned down boring ass bolt action!

Amen to that

Terrapin

WKR

Funny thing is, a lot of the people that posted boring old rifles also have amazing specialty rifles on custom actions in their safes.

Nice to have one rifle that goes bang every time, feeds with absolute certainty, shoots a reasonable group with factory ammo, is impervious to weather, and has a scope that works from too close to far enough without ever changing point of impact.

There is a reason they’ve made millions of M700, M70, M77, and M110 actions... kinda like the girl with the “nice personality” at the bar that never turns you down :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Mostly bowhunt but like to shoot. So either continue with my Rem 700 308 3x9x40 that I've had forever. Or with my Rem 760 in 3006 topped with a 2.5-7x32 (prob change this out) to have something no one else has in camp. Either way, a 30 caliber, cheap to feed, fun to reload, and go from there.
For accuracy and feel, 700
For having something cool and accurate enough, 760