If you change your own oil…..

2five7

WKR
I would stock up RIGHT NOW with enough oil/filters for at least the next 18-24 months for all of your vehicles.
Excellent advice. The Diesel guys that run Rotella and some others have been having supply issues for a while now, only a matter of time before it hits the rest of us.

Yeah thats solid advice, thanks! I think i only have enough for 1 more change in my truck and the wifes jeep

CorbLand

WKR
Going to stop by on my way home today and get enough for at least two oil changes. My pickup is going to have a hard time going back to the 15000 mile oil changes.

Sandstrom

WKR
Funny, I just bought 16 gallons of oil this afternoon! I was at fleet farm and they finally had the kind we use back in stock. I was totally out at the shop:).
Ryan

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My small town Napa still has a huge supply if you buy it in the 5+ gallon constainers. The single quart and 4/5 quart jugs are getting low.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used the NAPA branded synthetic oil? They have it in stock here for 17 bucks for 5 quarts.
Not sure about the Synthetic, but some conventional I bought a couple weeks ago is made by Valvoline. Napa Gold filters are typically made by Wix.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks for the reminder. Not a lot of driving here so I bought 24 liters (2 cases) of 5w30 and 2 fuel filters for each of my vehicles.

CorbLand

WKR
Not sure about the Synthetic, but some conventional I bought a couple weeks ago is made by Valvoline. Napa Gold filters are typically made by Wix.
Sounds like synthetic is also Valvoline. Maybe I will use it in my pickup and stick with Mobil One in the wifes car. 17 bucks for 5 quarts is a good chunk of savings though.

I have been using Walmart full synthetic on my Tahoe for many years now. The 303,000 miles tells me cheap oil is just as good as the more expensive kinds. Just my experience. That Napa oil is cheaper than Walmart.

CorbLand

WKR
I have been using Walmart full synthetic on my Tahoe for many years now. The 303,000 miles tells me cheap oil is just as good as the more expensive kinds. Just my experience. That Napa oil is cheaper than Walmart.
Usually Mobil does a rebate that puts their 5 quart down to about 20 bucks so I have always used that for 3 bucks difference but its sitting at 27 bucks for 5 quarts.