If not Danner, then what? (high quality light, non-insul. sneaker-boot w/ high cuff)

Macintosh

WKR
I tried searching but didnt turn up any results. If a guy was looking for a pair of sneaker-boots with an aggressive tread and a +/- 8" cuff, what other options are there that last better than danners? My cabelas/meindl ultralight hunters from 2015 have been great--amazing really for such a lightly constructed boot--but just kicked the bucket and are no longer made. I havent found anything similar except danner and what appear to me to be pretty poorly made boots. I already have heavier leather boots and lower-topped footwear, so please dont suggest that--I'm only interested in a lightweight in a similar format as I'm trying to replace (light weight, traction sole, non-insulated, highly water-resistant, and 8"+ cuff). Suggestions that have decent performance in wet conditions and will last reasonably for lightly constructed boots?

nobody

WKR
Crispi Attiva Mid
Crispi Lapponia
Solomon X Ultra 4
Solomon Quest 4
Lacrosse (Various Options)

Lots of good options out there still, no need to even speak the name Danner.

OP
M

Macintosh

WKR
Thanks guys. I have shoes like the crispi attiva mid or x ultra 4 high already—those are 4” uppers. Im looking for a similar shoe with an 8” or higher upper. So far the lacross windrose is closest to what Im looking for—anyone used these? I didnt even know lacrosse made non-rubber boots.

nobody

WKR
Thanks guys. I have shoes like the crispi attiva mid already—Im looking for a similar show with an 8” or higher upper.
Crispi Altitude? According to Crispi, it's basically just a high top Attiva if I remember correctly

OP
M

Macintosh

WKR
Crispi Altitude? According to Crispi, it's basically just a high top Attiva if I remember correctly

Could be. I see their website says 8”, I had written them off because they look lower. Really I dont care about the support, its mainly to keep grit and twigs out. These look lower than I want, but will try to check out in person and see if they could work. Thanks!

WBrim

WKR
It might get as bad a reaction as the mention of Danner, but I really liked my UA wallhangers. They were a 6”, but they had an 8 as well I believe. They really fit the description of a “sneaker-boot”.

I believe Lowa makes their renegade with a pretty high top. The regular ones are pretty darn comfortable.

Kevin

I think Danners ownership group has cheapened the quality. They have jumped on the fashion bandwagon and shipped most of their styles overseas to be built. Other than their American built models, I wouldn't buy their boots.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have some of the older US made stitched down boots and they have survived the abuse I put them through at work. I wouldn't recommend them as a boot to pack out an elk. But for the work I do cutting trees, driving heavy equipment, prescribed fire in the Mid Atlantic, they are fine. Most of my coworkers use Carolinas or Red wings for daily wear. Kenetrek or Crispi mountain buts are overkill around here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Rockies boots for the military that have zero drop or another brand like that - I am considering a pair since they might be less pricey than the trendy zero drop brands and might last considering they are built for a rough purpose. I have heard good things about them from active duty folk who use them for rucking.
Dunno yet though how they would be for hunting.

Here's a pair from belleville: https://www.uspatriottactical.com/belleville-mini-mil-minimalist-combat-boots

I thought my domestic Danners were crap too. Never tried import. Was just curious how others saw them
I bought USA Danners with the credit they gave me after my Pronghorns prematurely shit the bed.
The USA models fit completely differently and are my last set of Danners.
No thank you.