Idaho unit 32a/22 archery elk veterans out there?

First time idaho hunter from Oregon this season. Have the A tag for weiser river and plan on hunting the archery season. Have scouted 22 and 32a already this summer and talked to two different biologists out of the McCall office about the area as well. I have some questions for anyone who’s hunted the area that doesn’t mind bouncing some ideas off one another.

I’d like to keep any and all correspondence in the form of PM’s please. I respect info that I may receive and like to keep it out of the public forum. If willing to talk the area and hunt over, please PM me. I have one more scouting trip in August planned and am looking to narrow down a few ideas(areas) that were scouted on the first trip.

Thanks Chris!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy from Council hunted it for years but quit when it got too crowded the last few years. My brother in law had a sweet spot in 22 that was overrun in recent years and he’s moved to another part of the zone. There’s no shortage of elk (for now, fish and game is on a mission to get the numbers down) and tons of people, roads, and private. Some of the highest hunter densities in the state. Find a little pocket and hope for the best as the elk could be anywhere and they’ll be on the move.

87TT

WKR
X2. They took the cap off the A tag because too many bowhunters complained that the tags were all bought by the people wanting the rifle cow tag during deer season. They need to drop that cow tag and put a cap back on. They did shorten the cow tag to a week because the numbers were coming down.

Scouting probably won’t do you any good. The pressure will change most everything later. I’d drive around when the season starts and figure out where there aren’t 1000 people zipping around.

OP
switchback00
I’m leaning more towards the 32a portion of the zone at this point. There’s a couple roadless areas and the west mountains looked more like what I am wanting to hunt. Can any of you answer some questions I have on that area? If so, please pm me.

Bowguy

FNG
Wondering how your hunt went? I'm looking at doing the same this year actually just scouted it last week wouldn't mind kicking some ideas off you and hear what you have to say about area

tidwelky

FNG
TTT. Seems like all is quite on the unit 22 front. Bowguy / switchback00, do either of you have reports for your hunts the last two years? Any insight you would like to share? Heading up there next week to scout. Hoping to learn the lay of the land in the next few months but wondering what recent information there may be. Reply's or PM's welcomed!

JT3

FNG
I’m leaning more towards the 32a portion of the zone at this point. There’s a couple roadless areas and the west mountains looked more like what I am wanting to hunt. Can any of you answer some questions I have on that area? If so, please pm me.

Did you ever get into the W. Mountains? Would love to hear your experience if you’re up for sharing via PM. Thx and hope you did well and hope to hear abt it.

Just got home from checkin cams up there. 1st year archery hunting up there in 8 days! Plz message me!