Elk Archery: Idaho )McCall) or Eastern OR (Chesnimus, Eagle Cap, Snake River)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlawburns

FNG
I picked up a McCall archery tag this year, but my buddy did not. He has a good number of Oregon elk points he's willing to put into a group application. As a non-resident, we'd have 100% odds for units like Chesnimus, Eagle Cap, Snake River, etc, but not enough for Sled Spring or even close to the other big three.

I could return my McCall tag and both of us hunt Oregon (probably Chesnimnus, but welcome other recs I could check out) or we could try to get my buddy a returned ID tag.

I am curious if anyone has hunted both places what your thoughts are. Both are new to us (I am a WA resident and primarily have just hunted the west side of OR and WA and farmlands in the midwest)

DM are appreciated!

This is my .02cents: I haven’t hunted the Oregon units, but it sounds like it is a sure thing with the lower tier tags. You have a decent Idaho tag in hand. With the legislature working on the Idaho NR tag distribution, you may never have another chance . If it were me, I’d hunt the Idaho tag, try to get your buddy in a returned tag and hit Oregon up next year.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.