Idaho Spring Bear

MHWASH

WKR
Yes, taxidermist, about $100, but depends on the condition of the hide. Later in the spring they're worth nothing, but the skulls go for about $25 and a couple bucks for the claws if they are in good condition.

Reactions: CMF
How long do you guys set up a bait station before you plan to hunt it? Thanks!
Not long. As soon as regular bear shows up that you want to target I hunt it. If it’s an site you’ve used before it won’t take them long to find it. Sometimes less than 24 hours.

If it’s a new site it might take several days to a few weeks.

Nothing. Snow wasn’t an issue, i hunting mostly in 4, one day in 1. Saw plenty of whitetail, Turkey and even a few elk. No bears or any bear sign. Still a good time, north Idaho is pretty awesome.
I’m excited for the adventure. If we were able to harvest one bear that would exceed my expectations, I think it’s gonna be a good time just trying something new, and being with some family up there. None of us have hunted out of oregon so we are all looking forward to it. I hope you make it back out there and can put a hunt in one here soon tho.

Not long. As soon as regular bear shows up that you want to target I hunt it. If it’s an site you’ve used before it won’t take them long to find it. Sometimes less than 24 hours.

If it’s a new site it might take several days to a few weeks.
Thanks for the help!

Leaving in the morning for Unit 20. I start hunting on the 5th. Outfitter says he believes the bears are just beginning to wake up there. Hoping I will hit it just right.

chris

14idaho

FNG
I've been seeing bears in the snow while snowmobiling. They are out, especially with the warm weather we're having now.