Idaho Shed Hunting- Permit Required Bill

This is very interesting. I do not know of any state that has required something like this. I support requiring a hunting permit to gather sheds, or maybe a 20.00 stamp or something?? Thoughts? httpslegislature.idaho.govwp-contentuploadssessioninfo2024legislationH0586.pdf.png

So it's more wildlife by legislation, that's great.

A hunting license so $185 bucks?

Only for non resident.
Geezus F Give me a break.

Let them put a season in place last year.

Now its an emergency a flipping emergency to charge non residents to shed hunt.

Give them an inch they take a mile.

But since they are gonna make idaho all draw as well everyone will have a license anyway.

Greed, greed ,greed.
And a government that want to over regulate.

CorbLand

WKR
I am in full support of seasons for shed hunting but I am (reluctantly) against a license.

I will say that, a license is in full purview of a state to implement. We are required to obtain a tag to hunt because we are taking public resource and making it private. Shed hunting is no different. Stuff like this will only be pushed further and further as popularity increases. Once it became well known that people were selling sheds and the money that can be involved, it was only a matter of time.

Thank all the people that threw a fit during the emergency closures last year for bringing it to the attention of people.

Utah has proposed requiring a license.

Last edited:

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
I have a hard time supporting anything if it involves the Legislature getting involved in Fish and Game issues.

My (controversial) opinion is they should just ban the sale of shed antlers on a Federal level, this would fix most of the issues they are trying to fix with seasons, permits etc. etc.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
They're not trying to fix anything, they see revenue and that's all they care about.

So when they set a season for shed hunting that didn't produce any revenue, they only cared about revenue?

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
They're not trying to fix anything, they see revenue and that's all they care about.

Bingo! They don't want to ban it because they see revenue. I am all for banning shed hunting. Once you monetize a public resource, everyone wants a cut, even the government. How is it illegal to sell wild game, but you can sell their parts you find?

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
Once they heard everyone crying about the season they realized how many people were wanting to participate and saw an opportunity to cash in.

Fair.

My next question would be, what is in it for them to create revenue? Do Legislators get a bonus at the end of the year based on revenue the state has?

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
If you think politicians are in it for the good of the people and not themselves, I've got a bridge to sell you.

I never said that.

I just simply asked a question why everyone thinks it's always them being "revenue hungry".... I know the answer to the question, they don't get bonuses, so why does everyone think they are so money motivated?