Idaho Road Trip Garden Valley

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Wife and I are planning a road trip around Idaho this summer. See some family, show my wife some cool spots I know. Planning on spending a couple of days around Garden Valley and Lowman area. Any sights worth seeing? Hikes we should hit? Must do things? Hot Springs is an obvious one but we would probably avoid the ones right on the highway

Backyard

WKR
Wife and I are planning a road trip around Idaho this summer. See some family, show my wife some cool spots I know. Planning on spending a couple of days around Garden Valley and Lowman area. Any sights worth seeing? Hikes we should hit? Must do things? Hot Springs is an obvious one but we would probably avoid the ones right on the highway

Actually I would highly recommend one right on the road. Don’t miss Kirkham springs, a bunch of different temp pools and waterfalls into a couple. If you’re staying at the Southfork, get up early and head down. You’ll most likely have it to yourselves midweek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
You ever been an hour north on highway 21 to Stanley?
Yes I like Stanley(in the summer) and some of the country east of there is one of my favorite places . Planned on hitting Stanley, and heading south to Ketchum at some point

OP
E

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Actually I would highly recommend one right on the road. Don’t miss Kirkham springs, a bunch of different temp pools and waterfalls into a couple. If you’re staying at the Southfork, get up early and head down. You’ll most likely have it to yourselves midweek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks and yes, Southfork lodge was where we were planning on staying a night or two

Visit the Graham ranger station near Idaho city. Pretty good gold in the top 5 ft of the area. Good look at the Sawtooths

Make the trip over Deadwood summit, to the reservoir and backdown to Lowman through Bear Valley. There are a few good trails in the area. Bull Creek, to Rice Peak is one, there is an offshoot that takes you to Deadwood off that one as well. Keep in mind, a lot of the trails around there are motorcycle friendly.

OP
E

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
i meant to come back sooner and post about the trip. Saw some very pretty country. Didnt get as much hiking in as i would have liked and i probably would skip the detour up to Mccall next time but overall we had a lot of fun. Thank you everyone for the suggestions even if i didnt get time to look at half of them/ Never enough time