Idaho Fish & Game In-person Tag Sales Strategy

Here are a few ideas that could remedy the issue.

1)A single channel system, none of this website, stand in line at a vendor, and wait on the phone, while logged in from three different devices. Move it to a single channel waiting line. Where you can only buy for one person (not counting youth). After you buy your one, you are moved to the back of the line. Do it all online if they can figure it out with their system vendor. I still don't trust the vendor with handling this properly so that is why I suggest point #2.

2) Do a nonres draw where you get two choices for deer and two choices for elk. That's it. If you don't draw and there are leftovers for any zone or unit, do another draw. Make this in no way related to the June controlled hunt draws. Allow for multiple people on an application. Require a license prior to applying and a $20-$50 app fee.

Point #2 would help eliminate the panic of people seeing all of their choices gone so they just make an impulse purchase for a tag they know nothing about which then takes the opportunity from someone else who wants to hunt there.

IdahoBeav

WKR
I cry every time I think about me not doing this.

Buy that damn lifetime license. Do it. Dont think about it. Just do it.
I bought them for all 3 of my kids, just in case they want to hunt or fish when they are older, bought early and saved the $300 each on them as well. I had to pay more for mine, and it may never be a bargain, but it's still nice to have in case I ever move out of the state.

Reading through this thread made feel like I was reading comments on a facebook hunting group. People whining and crying about how the system is unfair and how their grand ideas to solve the tag sale issues are superior to the next.

Those of you who do want change, I encourage you contact IDFG directly as the OP mentioned because I guarantee the commissioners are not reading Rokslide threads and Facebook posts to see what change hunters want.
Absolutely. If you can complain here, you can (and should) complain to IDFG.

I've hunted Idaho sporadically since 2006. Not that long ago, but my experience this past season almost seems like a world apart from the first hunts in regards to pressure, ATV traffic/abuse, herd dynamics.

I got a Palisades A tag this year. I believe it may be my last; the juice no longer seems worth the squeeze. I am not going to travel to Idaho to stand in line to buy a tag. And based on trends, it seems that that will be the only way to reliably procure a tag unless the system is reformed in some way.

I have multiple out-of-state friends that hunt Idaho. I couldn’t care any less about how bad the experience of getting tags is for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
You're going to need to qualify this statement.
Under the current system for instance, if there are 100 tags, and you’re first in line at the vendor. 100 tags could hypothetically be distributed by other 100 vendors prior to you aka you were 101st even if you were first in line. It’s flawed.

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t made it through entire thread, but have read several require a license purchase to enter the waiting room comments. Why not just require people to enter login credentials? This would take a considerable load off the system.

Wrench

WKR
Under the current system for instance, if there are 100 tags, and you’re first in line at the vendor. 100 tags could hypothetically be distributed by other 100 vendors prior to you aka you were 101st even if you were first in line. It’s flawed.
There are hundreds of vendors and thousands of online applicants.....pick one and hope for the best.

If we're all first in line at a vendor....are we all first?

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
That’s my point.

I don’t find that a fair system.
How many other western states can run a simple draw for NR? 6-7-8?

Wrench

WKR
Lots of focus on drawing for non residents. How is that supposed to work for the residents. The residents have been able to purchase non resident tags. Do they now have to enter the same drawing as those who won't drive to Idaho to get a tag?

Wrench

WKR
I think a better question is, did residents see a decrease in hunters after limiting tag sales? Was tag quota a success or not?