ID Tag Sales 2022

Way more to the fact. Of ourse that’s the easy way, sounds like the govt mindset.

I guess you’re happy to deal with a horrible process that tax dollars and conservation money goes to.

When they control your healthcare remember “nobody said you need to go to the doctor”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

“Nobody said you need to go to the doctor”
Im glad you brought that up, because our country’s medical system is a perfect example. You have those who are healthy and take care of themselves who rarely use the doctor and pay a lot of money into the system anyway, then you have those who constantly use the doctor, usually for issues that could be solved by good nutrition and rest. I see the current Idaho system in the same way sort of right now you only have the truly sick who are using the system but if you create a draw system everybody with a little boo boo is going to be using the system, thus making it more costly and lessening the amount of tags available to those who truly want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch

WKR
“Nobody said you need to go to the doctor”
Im glad you brought that up, because our country’s medical system is a perfect example. You have those who are healthy and take care of themselves who rarely use the doctor and pay a lot of money into the system anyway, then you have those who constantly use the doctor, usually for issues that could be solved by good nutrition and rest. I see the current Idaho system in the same way sort of right now you only have the truly sick who are using the system but if you create a draw system everybody with a little boo boo is going to be using the system, thus making it more costly and lessening the amount of tags available to those who truly want them.

App fee or something to make people have a little stake in the game eliminates some of that. (Yea adds a little to price)

Also, this system may be causing more (everyone with a little boo boo) than a draw.

Tons of people just logging in to see and observe what’s going down, curiosity. Ik several who are all doing that who won’t buy a tag unless them and their 3-4 friends can get one too, which is about impossible now.

Also people logging on to try and hold tags for others. Think, get on, get a high number, hold the tag for 20 min for your buddy, when he gets in hopefully later, remove tag from cart, buddy hits refresh and bam, buddy sees tag pop back up and gets it. (Ik for a fact of this happening)

That’s 2 examples, there’s more

Wait a minute, did you just call us all sick? LOL!

I think a big part of the issue is Idaho going first. No one know what they might draw in other states, so they jump on Idaho.
The other big issue is the poor state of affairs in Washington pushing hunters to Idaho cause it’s close, you can buy OTC tags, and the hunting is better.

Idaho is suffering from their own success, other states failures, and social media driving up the popularity of western hunting.

I don’t blame Idaho folks for being bothered by it all. Anybody would if in their position.

I don’t see a good way to fix it. Splitting deer and elk sales would just make 2 crazy days for dealers.
Making it a draw would just pull it away from dealers and really kill the outfitter option as well as make group hunts that much harder to pull off.
As it is, it’s a 1 day mess then it’s over.

Fix the server issues and leave well enough alone.

sasquatch

WKR
Wait a minute, did you just call us all sick? LOL!

I think a big part of the issue is Idaho going first. No one know what they might draw in other states, so they jump on Idaho.
The other big issue is the poor state of affairs in Washington pushing hunters to Idaho cause it’s close, you can buy OTC tags, and the hunting is better.

Idaho is suffering from their own success, other states failures, and social media driving up the popularity of western hunting.

I don’t blame Idaho folks for being bothered by it all. Anybody would if in their position.

I don’t see a good way to fix it. Splitting deer and elk sales would just make 2 crazy days for dealers.
Making it a draw would just pull it away from dealers and really kill the outfitter option as well as make group hunts that much harder to pull off.
As it is, it’s a 1 day mess then it’s over.

Fix the server issues and leave well enough alone.

This would work but there also needs a work around where everyone has to play the same game.

Even then you still have people in person buying things up without having assigned random numbers

Gobbler36

WKR
So my question is. If you are in line at a vendor you can purchase tags for several people?
Yes it’s ridiculous
first question they ask you is how many tags are you buying then hand out Fn sheets of paper to write down the persons info for which you are trying to buy tags for.

this whole thing is insanity along with the resident capped tag sale as well, only thing that’s made it a little better is half go on sale in person and half on online later, but they won’t be satisfied until there’s a big fist fight or worse over these in person buys

drra

FNG
As much money as they generate from NR sales you would think they would have a better website. Still better than the SD Game and Fish website.

Maverick1

WKR
I sat in the companies excavator on my phone for most of the work day. My foreman did the same. We probably cost the company several thousand dollars in lost production. However, we got paid. Not proud of it just a fact.
You would get walked off the job here. And not allowed to come back. That’s what vacation days are for. Not proud of it just a fact.

Maverick1

WKR
2006: hunted Idaho. Tag issued on 8/23/2006
2007: hunter Idaho. Tag issues on 8/3/2007.

Purchased online both years. Nonresident archery elk tags. Times have changed.

sasquatch

WKR
You would get walked off the job here. And not allowed to come back. That’s what vacation days are for. Not proud of it just a fact.

From what I see in the market, you’ll quickly run out of skilled workers.

As much money as they generate from NR sales you would think they would have a better website. Still better than the SD Game and Fish website.

Same vendor. SD used to release draw odds the same day as draw results. They still haven’t put out odds for the deer and antelope draws this past year. I hate that vendor. Here is their website https://www.brandtinfo.com/outdoor-partners/

Fatcamp

WKR
Same vendor. SD used to release draw odds the same day as draw results. They still haven’t put out odds for the deer and antelope draws this past year. I hate that vendor. Here is their website https://www.brandtinfo.com/outdoor-partners/

They suck. Unbelievable that 90% of the season is over and we still don't have draw odds.

Thanks for the link.

Rob5589

WKR
I feel like the issue is also worse with guys calling in, logging into the app, and trying to access the website all at the same time. If they would force everybody to go through one way and make sure whatever way is set up to accommodate the volume, it would be better. But hey, it’s not often that a state agency issued an apology acknowledging that they really screwed up
Everyone should have to log in to their account to buy tags. It shouldn't be too difficult to only allow one device on the account at a time.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone should have to log in to their account to buy tags. It shouldn't be too difficult to only allow one device on the account at a time.
You did have log in to purchase. But didn’t have to log in to get a bunch of numbers in que on different browsers which is the crazy part.

sasquatch

WKR
You did have log in to purchase. But didn’t have to log in to get a bunch of numbers in que on different browsers which is the crazy part.

Not if you went in person and waited in a different line bypassing thousands of other people.