Hydration Drinks

tracker12

WKR
I have always used Wilderness Athlete Hydration and Recover on my elk hunts. Ia that still the go to stuff or are there other options out there.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Just started using scratch this spring and like it. A little more palatable than liquid IV and pedialyte. They also have a few that include some caffeine if that appeals to you.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Another option is the individual packets of Crystal Light with caffeine. Four flavor options. The caffeine gives a decent mid day pickup. Maybe not a 'hydration' mix but does get me drinking more water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iShoot17

FNG
Liquid IV or an electrolyte tablet like Hammer Endurolytes. I don’t like Liquid IV while being active (running), but like it at the end of the day, if working outside, etc. I prefer the tablets when being very active.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
After a recent, rather arduous 8 day backpacking trip into the Sierra's- with most travel above tree line and temperatures on the warm side, I can say Nuun has been very good to me.

I was putting a Nuun Sport tab every other 16 oz bottle (one straight water, the next water w/ Nuun). Late afternoon I would mix in a Nuun Endurance in the same bottle. In the evening at camp when my buddies were heating water for tea, I also heated water for a Nuun Recovery (you can drink it cold, but was actually pretty good warm!).

Knock on wood, I never suffered a single cramp. I was good about keeping up with my hydration, but as much as I was sweating, I'm sure I was also losing electrolytes.