Hunting suppressor

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know the real word weight difference between the Scythe Ti and the Harvester?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The backcountry or a raptor 6 stack seem like a better option than the ultra 5 if a guy needs less than 6” but a scythe without the brake at under 6” seems hard to beat.

Does anyone know the real word weight difference between the Scythe Ti and the Harvester?
Edit: definitely missed the word weight in your post the first time. Difference below is assuming sico lists them the same, neither including the mounting device, but I’m sure your looking for someone to actually confirm that.

If talking EVO, suppression ability aside, about 3.5 ounces, the ability to use on magnums under 20”, the ability to easily clean it yourself, and a little length.

Last edited:
OP
K

KU_Geo

WKR
If talking EVO, suppression ability aside, about 3.5 ounces, the ability to use on magnums under 20”, the ability to easily clean it yourself, and a little length.
So the scythe you can clean yourself instead of having to send it out? Or can you clean the evo?

OP
K

KU_Geo

WKR
If you can wait a bit longer TBAC has a short version of their Magnus they're coming out with after the first of the year.

This sounds intriguing. Are specs on this listed anywhere on the web?

B23

WKR
This sounds intriguing. Are specs on this listed anywhere on the web?
I talked to them on the phone a couple weeks ago when they told me about it and the only thing he could tell me is they're working on a short and medium length version of their Magnus. A medium length Magnus has my attention.

Looking to by a Iightweight compact suppressor mainly for hunting. Looking at banish backcountry and TBAC ultra 5. Any one have a side by side experience with these two? Thanks
You really need a fatter 1.7" can with at least a 6.5-8" length to be worth your time.
My recommendation is a DA Nomad Ti or Dilligent Defense Enticer

grainhog

FNG
Internet strangers LOVE spending other peoples’ money. I’m going to be the odd man out and say try the Harvester Evo. $500/$600 and super light and plenty good noise reduction. Don’t let anyone fool you that you need to spend more to be cool

I use the Harvester Evo with my .308, 6.5, and .300 win mag. It blows me away every time I use it with the .300 win mag. So good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is great. I have a harvester evo in jail for my t3x roughtech 308. Came so close to spending 2.5x more for a 46M that would almost certainly not have improved my experience much at all. Feel like I made the right call. And may have to thread my 10 year old t3 300 wm now.

I haven't kept up on cans in the past few years, since my last purchase. I see that things have greatly improved, materials, weight, etc. Did you say what caliber you're shooting, and I missed it?

OP
K

KU_Geo

WKR
I haven't kept up on cans in the past few years, since my last purchase. I see that things have greatly improved, materials, weight, etc. Did you say what caliber you're shooting, and I missed it?

Main use is going to be 6.5prc and a 6.5cm. Have a 22” 7mm PRC build in progress that will likely get one as well. It’s going to have 9/16th threading due to barrel diameter. The 6.5s are 1/2 and 5/8ths threading, so would ideally get one can I can interchange on those two guns.

I really like the tbac dominus in ALL ways EXCEPT the dang barrel length restrictions. Im pissed I didn't look at that before hand. My main rifle for it is a 300 PRC and somehow that is slated with the 300 rum and the like at(iirc 26" maybe 24) and the 300wm is good to 18". Wtf, they are nearly identical. Both squirting 215 bergers around 2800-2900 fps depending on if you have fast barrel or slow barrel the wm can even be the faster one. I've had both and been around plenty of both. Must be some mathing I don't understand! 🤔😀. Im going to call them about it and see if they are for real since it's about time for a new barrel. Anyway, just watch for those restrictions on any can. Some have em, some don't.
@Seeknelk did you ever get any more info on 300 prc barrel length restrictions for the dominus from TBAC?