Hunting guide shot in New Mexico

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
My wife was telling me about it this morning. I originally thought the guide was from New Mexico but the shooting took place in Texas. I'll have to go to the article. Sad this happened.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I guess them taking him to El Paso made me think it happened in Texas. It's amazing how this kind of news kinda slips under the rug and goes unnoticed by many. If the guide would have killed any of the illegals that were trying to kill innocent people he probably would have been demonized and the liberal media would have rattled the whole country's cage.

boom

WKR
DAMN!!

i'm from El Paso..but i kinda think the shooting was in NM??

that was not an informative article.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
DAMN!!

i'm from El Paso..but i kinda think the shooting was in NM??

that was not an informative article.

I know, I had to dig around more too. Unfortunately there isn't many other articles out there about it.

Tex68w

WKR
We kayaked the Devils River a few years ago and we were warned of the risk of being shot by not only illegals/coyotes/drug runners but also local land owners that are attempting to keep the previous mentioned types off of their property. We ended up not having any issues other than with a prick park ranger who thinks he's a Game Warden but that guy is notorious in those parts and we weren't surprised by this. It's a terrible story and I hope he pulls through.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I did some work for the irrigation district near Progresso, TX back in 2009. All of the transformers and and pumps had bullet proof barriers around them, and they had been shot up pretty badly. The guy that works the substation told us that if you stay there long enough you will often see shootouts just south of the border. He also told us not to leave a single possession behind or it would most likely get stolen. I had tied up an extension cord and was too lazy to take it down everyday so I left it, and it walked away. When you spend enough time on that border it's obvious there's a serious problem. I honestly felt more safe working as a contractor in Afghanistan than I did working on the outskirts of places like McAllen, Hebbronville, Zapata and Laredo. Nowadays I wouldn't go there hunting for anything.

Beendare

WKR
I've seen it myself on bowhunts along the Mexican border...its the wild west down there

Latest update;
PRESIDIO COUNTY, Texas (WEAR) — A Pensacola doctor is recovering after he and another person were attacked while on a hunting trip in Texas.
The incident occurred while Edwin Roberts and several others were at the Circle Dug Ranch, which is 10 miles North West of Candelaria, Texas on Friday around 9:30 p.m.

Chief Deputy Joel Nunez said he responded to a call “of shots fired, multiple shooters and two individuals severely injured”.
Edwin Roberts, a chiropractor in Pensacola, was shot once in the arm according to his family. Reports indicate Walker Daughtry was in the abdomen.
Channel 3 News spoke to Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominquez. He would not elaborate on how the shooting happened or release any details on the case since it is still under investigation.

In a news release, Sheriff Dominquez did mention the attack was allegedly not linked to “cross border violence”.
Presidio Sheriff’s Department, the Texas Rangers and the Texas Department of Public Safety are investigating. The U.S. Border Patrol also responded to the scene.
Roberts, 54, was rushed to El Paso University Medical Center. He’s has undergone a second surgery.
Walker, 26, was flown via helicopter to El Paso for a gunshot to the abdomen.

According to a Go Fund Me account for Walker Daugherty, it states "they were involved in a shootout with some illegals, when the illegals tried to steal Walker's .. RV with them still inside" Ashely Boggs, Daugherty's girlfriend said.

The Circle Dug Ranch sits on 20,000 acres and is located in a mountainous area in Presidio County, Texas.
Edwin Roberts is a longtime business owner of Pensacola. He owns A Chiropractic Tradition, which is located on Mobile Highway.

Last edited:

boom

WKR
My brother is a cop in El Paso. He is reaching out to border patrol. He didn't hear of it, and he usually hears all the shooting crimes.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Anyone see this on ANY of the national networks tonight? Fox? Breitbart? Savage? Aside fromthe reports on the various hunting forums, I personally have seen nothing.

Why?

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone see this on ANY of the national networks tonight? Fox? Breitbart? Savage? Aside fromthe reports on the various hunting forums, I personally have seen nothing.

Why?

I know... very sad and upsetting really. More and more hunting outlets are posting it, I just saw one from goHunt.

Needs to be on national news though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisS

WKR

Why?
Makes me think that there might be more to this story than has come out ... The press and media are many things, but they're not ones to shy away from juicy stories. Border patrol and local LEs are saying there's no evidence of it being border related and then the family releases a vague press release through an odd little ranching association website. Not saying that it isn't or is, but it's certainly odd.

Last summer a young woman went missing in the Adirondacks. Lots of people got involved and it became a little bit of a media storm. SAR went and spent a week trying to find her. Rumors started popping up and she shows up saying that she was abducted by a guy. The LEs said they were skeptical of her story and the composite drawing released looked like a Harley-riding Santa Claus. Turns out, she was under investigation for stealing a pile of pharmaceuticals from the nursing home she worked at and decided to go missing.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider

Why?
There's a strong political agenda in this country that has it in a stranglehold....painting illegals in a bad light and wanting us to have apathy for hunters is very counter active to that agenda. That's my suspicion.

mmw194287

WKR
Makes me think that there might be more to this story than has come out ... The press and media are many things, but they're not ones to shy away from juicy stories. Border patrol and local LEs are saying there's no evidence of it being border related and then the family releases a vague press release through an odd little ranching association website. Not saying that it isn't or is, but it's certainly odd.

Yup. Only facts at this point are that two men were taken to the hospital with gunshot wounds, their account of things is pretty over-the-top (and directly related to their efforts to raise money), and the responding local law enforcement and border patrol officials don't believe them.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
Yup. Only facts at this point are that two men were taken to the hospital with gunshot wounds, their account of things is pretty over-the-top (and directly related to their efforts to raise money), and the responding local law enforcement and border patrol officials don't believe them.
Very well could be more to the story. I still have my suspicions outside of this incident.

ChrisS

WKR
Very well could be more to the story. I still have my suspicions outside of this incident.
I tend to lean towards local LEs and agencies, they know what's going on in their backyard more than a chiro from florida and a rancher/guide from 400 miles away. Sure there's crazy shit that happens, but until there's more evidence, there's not much to go on ...