Hunting Efficiently with RedKettle, give a welcome & win!

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Meet our new sponsor, Christian of RedKettle (link here)—hunting smart and hard all the way from Denmark!

These guys and gals make carrying your weapon and accessories gear 2nd nature. We’ll be reviewing their Quick Release Rifle Sling and so will five of you Roksliders.
View attachment 417218

That’s right, we’ll draw from the first 75 posts for five of these slings.

View attachment 417219

I do a lot of cross-shoulder carry in steep terrain as it’s a very secure way to carry my rifle, BUT it’s also slow to retrieve my rifle when seconds count—especially if I have a daypack on and/or a cowboy-style hat. I hope this Quick Release sling can solve that.

You can see a demo of what I’m talking about here:

So, to get you guys involved in this review and welcome post, Christian at RedKettle is offering up five of these slings.

Just be in the first 75 posts and you’re eligble. Christian will be doing the draw via video after we have enough eligible entries, so be sure and hit the Watch button (upper right of lead post) so you get the notification.

And give a Rokslide-style welcome to RedKettle.

Here’s a little more info on Christian and his company:

Hi there,

My name is Christian. I'm a rifle hunter from Denmark and a new sponsor here on Rokslide. You’ll see me posting under @7x64

I passed my Danish hunting exam in 1994 and have since hunted in Europe, Africa, and Asia. I lived in the UK for 17 years with my wife and two boys. So that's where I've done much of my day-to-day hunting.

Denmark is a small kingdom in Scandinavia. Area-wise, it's halfway between Maryland and West Virginia, and we're a population of about 6 million people.

We have roe deer, fallow deer, sika deer, and red deer. And hunting takes place in mixed woodland and farmland.

It's probably similar to Eastern hunting (from tree stands), but I prefer to hunt on foot. Here, that's primarily stalking the deer up close, which we refer to as Pürsch.

Western US hunting has long been on my list. And I hope that participating here on Rokslide can help me as I research my first trip.

I own RedKettle, a small hunting gear company. We currently focus on developing our range of what I refer to as personal load-carrying equipment. And we have several new products in the pipeline.

As a sponsor, I will occasionally share giveaways, and prize draws. As well as R&D updates. But I'll mainly participate to learn more about Western hunting. And hopefully, post content that can be of help or inspiration to other users on the forum.

All the best,
Christian
Nice. Interested.

7x64

FNG
I had quit using a sling for the most part but got talked into trying one of these last season. The quick release is an awesome feature for freeing up your hands. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend one. Just like most of the quality gear we buy, it isn’t cheap but worth it. I was impressed enough with the quality that I’m also interested in trying one of the jackets down the road
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm very happy to hear you like the sling. Helping hunters like you is why I started RedKettle in the first place.
Any questions about the jackets, please don't hesitate to ask.
All the best,
Christian

Looks like a good ideal on a rifle sling, will do more researh on your product, been re-working gear for a up-coming Wyoming hunt, this may be just the ticket. Welcome

7x64

FNG
Looks like a good ideal on a rifle sling, will do more researh on your product, been re-working gear for a up-coming Wyoming hunt, this may be just the ticket. Welcome
Thanks! Any questions just ask me or my team.

And all the best for your Wyoming hunt. Wish it was me.

7x64

FNG
What advantage does this have when carrying a pack?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
We didn't build this sling for when you're carrying a big, multi-day pack. That requires a different setup to make operation effortless, in my experience.

We built it for when you're wearing a lighter setup like a gear belt, a bino harness, or a light day-pack.

In those cases, you can tighten the sling so your rifle doesn't bounce around. The quick-release buckle means you can extend the sling quickly. And get your rifle into action fast.

I hope this helped clarify things.

All the best,
Christian