Hunting Efficiently with RedKettle, give a welcome & win!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
9/27/22 Update:
Final Review (including video) is up!

RedKettle Quick Release Rifle Sling
*also see post #159 pg 8 for updates on warranty needs
Video only:

Previous Discussion:

Meet our new sponsor, Christian of RedKettle (link here)—hunting smart and hard all the way from Denmark!

These guys and gals make carrying your weapon and accessories gear 2nd nature. We’ll be reviewing their Quick Release Rifle Sling and so will five of you Roksliders.
860C7F49-1556-4C7B-81AB-C8FC4C2BD68E.jpeg

That’s right, we’ll draw from the first 75 posts for five of these slings.

CD078497-135B-46AF-9D8D-EC37720757CD.jpeg

I do a lot of cross-shoulder carry in steep terrain as it’s a very secure way to carry my rifle, BUT it’s also slow to retrieve my rifle when seconds count—especially if I have a daypack on and/or a cowboy-style hat. I hope this Quick Release sling can solve that.

You can see a demo of what I’m talking about here:

So, to get you guys involved in this review and welcome post, Christian at RedKettle is offering up five of these slings.

Just be in the first 75 posts and you’re eligble. Christian will be doing the draw via video after we have enough eligible entries, so be sure and hit the Watch button (upper right of lead post) so you get the notification.

And give a Rokslide-style welcome to RedKettle.

Here’s a little more info on Christian and his company:

Hi there,

My name is Christian. I'm a rifle hunter from Denmark and a new sponsor here on Rokslide. You’ll see me posting under @7x64

I passed my Danish hunting exam in 1994 and have since hunted in Europe, Africa, and Asia. I lived in the UK for 17 years with my wife and two boys. So that's where I've done much of my day-to-day hunting.

Denmark is a small kingdom in Scandinavia. Area-wise, it's halfway between Maryland and West Virginia, and we're a population of about 6 million people.

We have roe deer, fallow deer, sika deer, and red deer. And hunting takes place in mixed woodland and farmland.

It's probably similar to Eastern hunting (from tree stands), but I prefer to hunt on foot. Here, that's primarily stalking the deer up close, which we refer to as Pürsch.

Western US hunting has long been on my list. And I hope that participating here on Rokslide can help me as I research my first trip.

I own RedKettle, a small hunting gear company. We currently focus on developing our range of what I refer to as personal load-carrying equipment. And we have several new products in the pipeline.

As a sponsor, I will occasionally share giveaways, and prize draws. As well as R&D updates. But I'll mainly participate to learn more about Western hunting. And hopefully, post content that can be of help or inspiration to other users on the forum.

All the best,
Christian

Last edited:

nobody

WKR
Sounds great, love the idea of innovation for innovation's sake! So many pieces of gear were designed many eons ago and then nobody has ever even thought to update it. It's cool to see somebody looking at something simple like a sling and going "you know what, we can improve that." Welcome!