Hunter Safety Certificate

JG358

WKR
C, I know this already. You made it sound as tho one would contact the CPW with info of your safety certs and they would put it on your record with a "V", then you'd be good forever. And not have to worry about having to show your card every year at the time of purchase (As it should be anyway. It's 2019 for Christ's sake). They ask for mine every year.

CPW has to verify it in person, after that you can quit carrying the card. Once verrified, their will be a little v on your license. If they ask for it when you go to get a license, just tell them its verified. Once verified, your Colorado hunting license also serves as proof of hunter safety in other states.

cnelk

WKR
^^^ Dunno. I just go in and show them my DL and Im all set. Must be a NonRes thing.
I dont even know where my Hunter Safety card is at.

@Backyard - Have you had your HS verified?

JG358

WKR
Non Res can get theirs verified as well. Same deal as res, must be in person at a CPW office.

Trial153

WKR
I seem to recall down loading pictures of the cards to their website and then being verified. I also carry a copy of the card as well.

Backyard

WKR
CPW has to verify it in person, after that you can quit carrying the card. Once verrified, their will be a little v on your license. If they ask for it when you go to get a license, just tell them its verified. Once verified, your Colorado hunting license also serves as proof of hunter safety in other states.
Well chit! I had no idea this was possible or I'd have done it years ago. I worry so much that I'm gonna lose that damn thing when I carry it not to mention the hair loss of hoping it's still where I put last year when I stashed it away for safe keeping.
As soon as I tag out this year (hoping every thing goes as planned) I'm off to the local CPW office.
Thanks guys!

RobertsA

FNG
This isn't a little scary......does anyone really think needing 35 minutes to go from not hunting to good enough to hunt is a good thing? It either means the multiple guess test was incredibly easy and obvious or the info was so basic that it was a breeze. No offense but the fact that you are bragging about how quickly you completed it is a reason I would never hunt with you. You handle a gun and my safety comes into play, I'm taking my safety every time. You may be just fine, but I'm not taking the risk. And I know you won't appreciate that comment, but it's just the way it is.

I know there are several states that don't require a field day. Not just Texas. But I don't offer that info to anyone when asked. It's a really slippery slope. I've taught hunter's safety and the 12 year old kids that take the course and have spent time in a classroom all week look more comfortable handling a gun than the adults that took the online class and are only there for their field day. Take out the field day and I don't like it at all.
I would agree with you that they should require a field day but I wouldn’t say it’s a ridiculously easy test to someone with no firearm experience. However, You making the statement that you would “never hunt with me” just because I chose to take that test is ridiculous considering the fact you don’t know me. The information is not just “that easy” I’ve hunted from the time I was 8 years and was taught very well on hunting safety wish is how I passed the test in one attempt. I was not bragging on how I passed it in 35 minutes, that wasn’t my intention anyway. I was simply saying for someone with hunting and firearm safety knowledge it’s an easy shortcut because I’ve been in the situation of needing my education requirement for an upcoming hunt. If you don’t know the safety aspect you won’t pass it.
Considering how easy you jump to conclusions. I wouldn’t want to hunt with you either..