Colorado Hunter Safety Course

J.flanagan

Lil-Rokslider
Im a non resident looking towards hunting in Colorado. All the info I can find on their hunter safety courses shows a portion online and then a portion in person. Is there an all online version or a substitute course that can be taken in different states?

I'm just trying to determine if its really necessary to fly there to take a 6 hour course and then fly back.

jayhawk

WKR
Colorado accepts other states hunters safety certificates. Why not just take one in your home state?

OP
J

J.flanagan

Lil-Rokslider
Colorado accepts other states hunters safety certificates. Why not just take one in your home state?
I was hoping that was the case but I haven't found a list of what states they honor or if they just honor all state hunter safety courses.

sndmn11

WKR
If you need further clarification, email [email protected]

https://cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/HE-Proof.aspx

"Proof of Hunter Education

Acceptable proof of hunter education consists of:​

• An original, duplicate, or replacement Hunter Education card issued by ANY U.S. or Mexican state or Canadian provincial wildlife agency, or,
  • A Colorado Customer Identification (CID) with a "V" (standing for 'Verified') printed in the bottom right-hand corner, or,
  • A Missouri Conservation Heritage Card with a Hunter Education number printed on the lower left-hand corner, or,
  • A Minnesota Driver's License with a Hunter Education number endorsement on the back, or,
  • CPW will evaluate hunter education and hunting license information from other countries on an individual basis. To be considered: Please fax 303-291-7113, mail (Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Attn: Hunter Education Section, 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216), or email ([email protected]) copies of your information well in advance of your desired hunting season."

OP
J

J.flanagan

Lil-Rokslider
If you need further clarification, email [email protected]

https://cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/HE-Proof.aspx

"Proof of Hunter Education

Acceptable proof of hunter education consists of:​

• An original, duplicate, or replacement Hunter Education card issued by ANY U.S. or Mexican state or Canadian provincial wildlife agency, or,
  • A Colorado Customer Identification (CID) with a "V" (standing for 'Verified') printed in the bottom right-hand corner, or,
  • A Missouri Conservation Heritage Card with a Hunter Education number printed on the lower left-hand corner, or,
  • A Minnesota Driver's License with a Hunter Education number endorsement on the back, or,
  • CPW will evaluate hunter education and hunting license information from other countries on an individual basis. To be considered: Please fax 303-291-7113, mail (Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Attn: Hunter Education Section, 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216), or email ([email protected]) copies of your information well in advance of your desired hunting season."
Thank you!

Rich M

WKR
Im a non resident looking towards hunting in Colorado. All the info I can find on their hunter safety courses shows a portion online and then a portion in person. Is there an all online version or a substitute course that can be taken in different states?

I'm just trying to determine if its really necessary to fly there to take a 6 hour course and then fly back.
Do the hunter safety course for your own state - then start hunting there too.

Rich M

WKR
Hunting in Florida is rough... but you are right, I should.
Get the FL hunter safety card.

I'm in Central FL and echo the sentiment but have 45 deer seasons behind me. Got a small buck this year and doing okay on ducks right now but that's hit or miss at times - LoL! Seriously, having a good year for variety and even some numbers right now.

At least start putting in for quota hunts near home. In the off-time, scout the heck out of it and find where the deer/hogs/turkeys hang out. The better you know the area, the better your chance at the 20% success you will have. I typically draw a quota permit every 3 years - and no longer do the romp & stomp thing at the free-for-all areas cause i did it for years and would only see does I couldn't shoot.