Hunter Orange Grab-it II

Gumbo

WKR
So I contacted Frank at Kifaru via email in hopes of getting a hunter orange grab-it II made for rifle season. Seems like a good idea for me for safety and to be legal in terms of hunter orange requirements in some states. The answer was no because they didn't have hunter orange material. I asked if I bought some 1000D hunter orange cordura and sent it to them (1000D was all i found in a quick search online) could they custom make me one. Again, no because they are very busy and don't have time for that kind of custom order because of the batch process protocol. I totally understand and am not upset at all, his reasoning makes perfect business sense.

BUT, I thought maybe if there was enough interest from other rifle hunters maybe they would consider a small production run. Is this something anyone here would be interested in? To be clear, I did not run this part of the idea past the Kifaru crew, so there is absolutely no commitment or even knowledge of the small batch run idea on their part. I figured I'd float the idea to see if there was sufficient interest on a Kifaru-heavy forum to propose the idea. And besides, Aron will probably see this post anyway.

Thanks!

In case this doesn't work out:

http://www.orangeaglow.com/collections/all-products

If carrying horns, which is when I'd want it most my grab-it will be doing work holding meat between the bag and the frame and be covered up anyways (when using my 22mag). Just my personal opinion based on my setup, but I could see how it could serve both purposes with a different setup. I wonder if a thinner/cheaper orange material could be added to one side of an existing grab-it. If so you could also ask David at ntcolorado.com.

Another option for you would be Bearpaw Wilderness Designs. He has silnylon pack covers and I'm pretty sure blaze orange is an option.

oldgoat

WKR
I personally would love to have a Blaze Orange Guide Lid, hunting in archery season with the muzzle loader guy's, I want to be seen by them!

topher89

WKR
I would love an Orange Grab-It. I day hunt a lot with my Spike Camp and always run a grab-it. I use it to carry my rain jacket to keep it easily accessible. When I get a rabbit or grouse I throw them in a meat bag and carry them in the grab it.

If we can get get some traction, I would totally be in for an orange grab it!

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
I think its a great idea and would be even more awesomer if it could be built reversible. Like, fusion on one side, blaze orange on the other.

Make it happen, A-Ron!!

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
So I'm not crazy, I thought people would like the idea...Thanks everyone.

welpro222

WKR
Hey guys I talked to David at NTcolorado and he is gonna be making some 1000d orange panels with orange strapping and black buckles. They will be different then the grab it, but can function the same way. Once I get one from him, I'll post pictures and get you the ordering details. He is very busy so I might be a week or two.

Last edited:

chopchop

FNG
Velcro plus a panel of fabric might work for you if the other options don't pan out.

I think its a great idea and would be even more awesomer if it could be built reversible. Like, fusion on one side, blaze orange on the other.

Make it happen, A-Ron!!

I think the original longhunter bags and grabits used to come with fleece cammo/orange panels that went on with velcro. I have an older black grabit that I picked up 2nd hand that has several sewn on patches of velcro on it, but I don't have any of the panels. They pop up every now and again.

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one of the Orange Aglow panels and that'll do for now. But I think if this were offered in future Grab Its, it might catch on. Only downside I can think of is the orange might get stained with blood if used for strapping game on.

gelton

WKR
They used to make the original grab it in blaze orange. I have one. Keep it in my truck during archery to switch out if I get one down, use it for the blaze orange pack requirements during rifle season. I should post it up in the classifieds and start a bidding war. (LOL)

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
Blood stain is my favorite color.

LOL, I'm a big fan myself! I was just thinking it may diminish the effectiveness of highly visible blaze orange if its got dried blood and dirt worked permanently into the fabric.

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
I knew where you were going with it, I just couldn't resist.

LOL, I'm a big fan myself! I was just thinking it may diminish the effectiveness of highly visible blaze orange if its got dried blood and dirt worked permanently into the fabric.