Hoyt tuning

J-Daddy

WKR
I'll be taking it to the shop tomorrow and ask for the yoke twists. Man this close to season is when I really want a press!

Keep inmind that Coop's advice of 2 twists in one and out of the other is a starting point, not exact... You might have to go 3 twists, maybe 2.5, maybe 1.5... Don't just run in and tell them "put 2 in this one & 2 out of this one"... You have to shoot it in, sometimes it takes a couple times of experimenting ... I yoke tune mine by shooting a fletched & bare shaft together... When I get them slapping together at 20yds I'm normally good to go after that.

OP
T
Keep inmind that Coop's advice of 2 twists in one and out of the other is a starting point, not exact... You might have to go 3 twists, maybe 2.5, maybe 1.5... Don't just run in and tell them "put 2 in this one & 2 out of this one"... You have to shoot it in, sometimes it takes a couple times of experimenting ... I yoke tune mine by shooting a fletched & bare shaft together... When I get them slapping together at 20yds I'm normally good to go after that.

Yeah, I ended up doing it myself-- +2 on left and -1 on right yoke. Next question...if you broadhead tune and get a broadhead and field point with acceptable left/right but 3" apart vertically (broadhead impact higher), can you tune this out w/ the strung as well or just rest/nock piint?

I have a Bow time machine. Draw board and bow press two in one! I can't imagine having to go to a shop to yoke tune.

J-Daddy

WKR
Yeah, I ended up doing it myself-- +2 on left and -1 on right yoke. Next question...if you broadhead tune and get a broadhead and field point with acceptable left/right but 3" apart vertically (broadhead impact higher), can you tune this out w/ the strung as well or just rest/nock piint?

If your sure the cam timing/rotation is right on the bow then it's probably just your nock height being off a little bit... It doesn't take much to make a broadhead plane high or low. You can be hammering with field tips and then have a broadhead hit high or low by a few inches because of it.. Adjust your nock height "or rest height" just a tad and they should come together.

Hey Coop,
If a man wanted to adjust the Buss (as in video) and control cable, can you follow same procedure or do you need to move to the top cam and follow same procedure? In other words, can you adjust both cables with what you just showed or do you need to switch ends? thanks !!

Thank you again Coop. I used this method over the last 2 days. Used both ends. I say the results are quite good :)

BTW, have you guys seen or used the Synunm Bow Press? Man that little thing is neat.

IMG_20141124_204651956_zps8caf7785.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_20141125_111847103_zpsd66459d2.jpg
[/URL]

OP
T
Jeff, I understand now about adjusting the yoke for left/right tears but what were you trying to accomplish w/ the control and buss cables?

Jay,
I always mark my cams with a white paint pen when my bows are shooting bullets like above. I mark both side of the limbs on both cams. I had noticed (3 year old Hoyt strings) that might top timing mark on (top cam) and moved into the pocket of the limb. The strings gave up sometime between elk season the the first couple of freezes hunting whitetail.

So, I twisted it up about 3.5 turns and it was back perfect again. I measured specs and they all remained perfect.

The other thing I fought and learned on this bow. I was getting a noc low tear (which made no sense) since I am 1/8 nov high to square and the timing was DEAD NUTs. My gut told me it was the rest so I started watching it when i would draw back. (QAD) With the stretching of the string (i guess) my QAD tension cable had waaaaaay to much tension on it. I took the tension off to where it was just short of the white marks lining up. adjusted to get them to align...and the results are above. This bow is shooting as good as it has ever shot with these old string. I walked backed and shot bareshaft and fletched to 30 yards, and broke a noc. I shot paper bareshaft and fletch and the above was the results. The fletch pic looks funny because I was doing it in the dark with a head lamp. My wife thought I had lost my mind.

In short, My strings are shot. I needed a quick tune as I leave tomorrow evening to give them hell for 4 more days. I have a new set of Vapor Trails here to be installed when I get back.

OP
T
Now I'm trackin with you. I think I will mark my cams too once I know I'm dialed in. I paper/yoke tuned using Coops press method then did a walk back tume (first time on that) and it is shooting some kind of good!