Hoyt carbon series vs aluminum series

kodiakfly

WKR
I've shot Hoyt for 25 years, and now shoot a CE and a CST. For me, it's how much you'll shoot it and rely upon it to determine it's worth it or not. Shoot your bow for a couple weeks before season...no, it's not worth it. Shoot it year-round, even outside in the snow and do a couple or few hunts per year and it's worth it. The weight savings are nice, but it's not massive. My CE, I got for a song, so it wasn't really competing with an aluminum bow. My CST, I didn't like the looks of the Nitrum and if I got a Nitrum, I'd have wanted it in the Harvest Brown, which was like $100 more. I was going to spend $100 on just color, which narrowed the difference and I went with the CST. The vibe, sure, it's less. But no bow is truly vibe-free, so don't expect that. I will say a carbon bow doesn't seem to have the same resonance or "ring" to it. Not that a Defiant will ring in your hand, but the vibe seems to die almost instantly with a carbon bow. The "warm" thing for me was never a factor. First, if it's 30* outside, the bow will still be 30* and if it's cold and you own aluminum, wear a glove.

A carbon bow is different for sure, but it's like buying a set of golf clubs, a pack or a diesel...it's absolutely worth the extra cost it if you need it and will use it.