How’s your fuel prices

Wyobull

FNG
Since the end of November the fuel and gas prices around here (NM) have been steadily going up and today diesel hit the $3.00 per gallon mark and gas is $2.69 per gallon. Just last year I was paying $1.78 per gallon for diesel fuel. Things are going down hill fast nowadays fuel has gone up $1.22 per gallon in just 3 months and this is probably just the beginning of it.
Diesel went to $4.09 yesterday, It's going to get ugly

CorbLand

WKR
We took a ~15 cent drop this week. Went to work on Tuesday and it was 3.44 and it was 3.29 when I came home.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
You have not seen anything yet, lets go Brandon still has better than two years to really get the prices where the liberals want them. So. Cal. $4.49- $5.10. Lets go Brandon.

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
You have not seen anything yet, lets go Brandon still has better than two years to really get the prices where the liberals want them. So. Cal. $4.49- $5.10. Lets go Brandon.
I'm not understanding how this inflation is Biden's fault.

Its the effect of the pandemic and the congressional acts passed during the pandemic.

GSPHUNTER

WKR

Its the effect of the pandemic and the congressional acts passed during the pandemic.
You are right, we can't blame him. The dems are blaming Trump. Not only for inflation but for Russia invading Ukraine. In 2019, then candidate Biden said, Imagine what Ukraine would be like in a year if trump stays in office. Well now he's in office and we know what it's like. Fuel prices are way up because he cut oil production in the USA. We were exporting more oil than we were importing. He stopped the Keystone XL pipeline. He suspended oil and gas leases by executive order. Now Bloomberg has reported he is delaying oil permits. He halted new drilling in legal fights over climate cost. So Ya I blame him and the liberals. If Trump were now in office all the blame would go to him. That's the price for being the top dog. Remember, " the buck stops here" It still applies.

WRO

WKR

332A09C9-87A6-44E3-89D0-00B8E591A847.jpeg

Someone, some where, Fired up the printing press!!!!

Someone, somewhere closed all new offshore and onshore federal leases…

Someone, somewhere, weaponzies epa to target domestic oil and gas production with extremely costly Performance Standards , Emissions Guidelines to Reduce Methane(but ignores naturally occurring though) .

If you are bored you should compare Russia oil imports of Trump, and Biden. Guess when Russia imports fell and when it exploded again……..

Last edited:

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
You are right, we can't blame him. The dems are blaming Trump. Not only for inflation but for Russia invading Ukraine. In 2019, then candidate Biden said, Imagine what Ukraine would be like in a year if trump stays in office. Well now he's in office and we know what it's like. Fuel prices are way up because he cut oil production in the USA. We were exporting more oil than we were importing. He stopped the Keystone XL pipeline. He suspended oil and gas leases by executive order. Now Bloomberg has reported he is delaying oil permits. He halted new drilling in legal fights over climate cost. So Ya I blame him and the liberals. If Trump were now in office all the blame would go to him. That's the price for being the top dog. Remember, " the buck stops here" It still applies.
I don't have any political party preference.

But lets get a few things sorted. The Keystone pipeline operates in 5 phases. 4 of those are operational, the last phase (XL) was cancelled by Biden and wasn't even 10% complete. That pipeline had no effect on gas prices. I HATE the use of executive orders as they completely usurp our 'democracy.'

The US has less than 40 billion barrels of proven oil reserves. In 2020, the US produced 6.7 billion barrels of oil. At that rate of production we would have depleted our proven oil reserves in less than 6 years. What happens to gas prices then? I don't like that situation, nor do I prefer the situation we are in. But our dependence on nonrenewable resources will not change.

Inflation is worldwide right now. I do hold every congressman liberal or 'conservative' responsible for the inflation in the USA. I especially hold the Trump administration responsible as they were supposed to the the 'conservative' ones. Increasing the money supply 400% in 6 months is irresponsible. But lets go ahead and blame the suspension of off shore drilling for the high gas prices. Not the PPP loans, stimulus money, $25/hr unemployment, theres trillions of dollars in the CARES act alone. That's a textbook definition of inflation.

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider

So your argument could be summarized as, inflation is the result of suspending future oil operations? Am I close?

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 384879

Someone, some where, Fired up the printing press!!!!

Someone, somewhere closed all new offshore and onshore federal leases…

Someone, somewhere, weaponzies epa to target domestic oil and gas production Performance Standards , Emissions Guidelines to Reduce Methane(but ignores naturally occurring though) .

If you are bored you should compare Russia oil imports of Trump, and Biden. Guess when Russia imports fell and when it exploded again……..

Increasing the M1 by 400% in 6 months is the textbook definition of inflation.

Suspending future oil production may have some effect, but lets put current production into context. Nov 2021 the US produced 11.8 million barrels per day while consuming over 20 million per day. This is a demand problem.

Certainly, sanctions on the wealthiest oil producers hurts our prices as well.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Just to be clear I was talking about Keystone XL which was to run 1,179 miles from, Hardist, Alberta to Steele City, Nebraska. That project started running into problems from Dem. President Obama in 2015. It cleared congress but was vetoed by Obama and congress could not get the 2/3rd vote to overturn his veto and the project was stopped until Trump, in 2017 took action intended to permit the pipeline completion. On Jan 20th Biden sign an executive order revoking the permit. In doing so he killed many union jobs, which dems. are always fighting for. All his executive orders led to the USA becoming once agin dependent on foreign oil. And once agin killing union jobs.