How to test arrow spine limits

First, what I have.

Mathews V3 31 pulling about 68lbs, set at 29” DL. Shooting RIP TKO’s 250 spine, about 29.5”. 50 grain insert, 100 grain broadhead, roughly 450 grains (not exact).

I was going into hunting season with a heavier arrow (about 515 gr) but had a couple uh oh’s and then I didn’t have enough to feel comfortable hunting with them and was also unable to get the exact same arrows. I switched to the RIP TKO’s literally a week before season because I had heard good things and my local shop (also where I work part time) keeps them in stock. I knew they would be good enough to kill whitetails and would do fine, but I’m looking towards my next arrow setup.

I apologize for being so long winded, but here is my question. I want to keep my RIP TKO’s, but how do I test to see how much weight I can put into a broadhead before I am underspined and will see erratic BH flight? I have field tips in all different weights to test with, but don’t want to spend a lot of money on broadheads of different weights. I feel like the answer is shooting through paper, but I bet my bow won’t shoot a bullet hole through paper anyways. It would at first, but had to make adjustments in order to group BH’s and FP’s. If anyone can help me out or give advice, it would be appreciated. I also don’t care to look at spine charts, as I’ve seen those wrong too many times. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have half-outs with rear-facing threads in your RIP TKO's, you could add internal weight screws and test your broadhead flight at various total weights.

Another option would be to bareshaft tune with various field point weights. If you can get bareshafts to group tightly alongside fletched shafts, there's a good chance they will also fly well with broadheads.

OR Archer

WKR
You can buy a field point test kit from 3 Rivers. If you’re looking to get a little more weight you could easily put another 50gr up front on that arrow. I personally wouldn’t try to add any more than that.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'll answer this way.......I shoot 30" carbon to carbon RIP TKO 250's with 75gr brass HIT's, and 125's, at almost 33" draw at 75lbs........and they BH tune very well at 60. You'll be fine adding some weight to the front if that's what you want to do. I've also shot some of these with 100gr Ethics SS halfouts and 125's, and those shoot great as well.