How to save money buying a new bow?

Trial153

WKR
Bow choice is such a bunch of bull shit. We act like it takes double blind study to pick Bow out to hunt with. The truth is there are dozens of bows that we all be just freaking fine with.
Most archers can’t shoot good enough to tell the difference anyway and all “bow picks you” is nothing but feel good malarkey to justify buying something new

idcuda

WKR
Bow choice is such a bunch of bull shit. We act like it takes double blind study to pick Bow out to hunt with. The truth is there are dozens of bows that we all be just freaking fine with.
Most archers can’t shoot good enough to tell the difference anyway and all “bow picks you” is nothing but feel good malarkey to justify buying something new
You mean you don't stress over a few extra milliseconds of "hand shock" that the YouTube reviewers highlighted?

To the OP, I'm in the same boat; looking for a new bow. I've never had an expensive one and I've done fine. Not sure what I'll get, but I will be looking for some discount/bundles if the shop can make it happen. Not holding my breath.

Reactions: Zac

CTx7.3

FNG
I read a lot of reviews and watched a ton of the YouTube reviews as well. I was planning on going to a shop and shooting all of the flagships and trying to decide on my first compound. Until yesterday I found a Mathew’s V3 in Ambush on eBay. Came with a hamskea, Mathew’s quiver and a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie for $1250. I thought that was a great deal and jumped on it. I know I didn’t go to the shop and test drive all of the bows like a lot of people recommended but I’m pretty sure the V3 will be a great bow for me to start with.

idcuda

WKR
Well, I got a new bow (Matthews V3X 29) and I got no discounts 😁. I only bought the bow and a rest.

It came with a free hat, though, so I got that going for me.

OP
W

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, I figured it was pretty much a pay the price they are asking kind of thing. One of the shops threw me off by offering to work a deal on a new atlas and then I got concerned. They were already $50 cheaper than the competing bow shops in the valley. The bow was going to be custom ordered so I knew it was new and not a demo bow.