How much will back-straps weigh on a bull?

danarnold

WKR
b135ced94944f57ec50bfdd6d1da9c72.jpg

I have never taken elk to the processor except this year I took it to a local guy to have him hand cut some steaks, he came highly recommended....
When I got it back there were seven packages labeled straps, they weighed 23 pounds, I was kind of having a stroke and ended up I'm wrapping one of the packages labeled roast, this is what I found, there's about 35 pounds worth all in all

ethan4895

FNG
The back strip on a rocky Mountain bull Elk usually weights 20-40lb

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mark

WKR
This thread reaffirms why I process my meat myself. It's a hassle, but I have refined the process and over time have acquired the tools needed for the job to make it as efficient as possible. A thermal label printer, a vac-chamber, meat bins and plenty of counter space make quick work out of processing meat.

I understand not everyone has the time, especially when multiple hunts stack up against the previous hunt. Personally, I find it rather satisfying knowing that the meat has been cared for properly, cut and trimmed to my liking and is labeled correctly.

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
This thread reaffirms why I process my meat myself. It's a hassle, but I have refined the process and over time have acquired the tools needed for the job to make it as efficient as possible. A thermal label printer, a vac-chamber, meat bins and plenty of counter space make quick work out of processing meat.

I understand not everyone has the time, especially when multiple hunts stack up against the previous hunt. Personally, I find it rather satisfying knowing that the meat has been cared for properly, cut and trimmed to my liking and is labeled correctly.
I don't think of it as a hassle, to me it's just part of the process of putting food on the table. I'd feel like I was cheating if I just shot the animal and let someone else do all the work.

Besides, as you'd know doing it yourself you get things exactly as you want them!

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk