How much added value does the MR Pop Up 30 have over the 28?????

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for real world experience with both the 28 and 30. Does the new features of the 30 make it worth upgrading to? Currently have been running the 28 for the past 2 years and it is the most comfortable day pack I have ever used. However, it still has a few draw backs. I know there isn't a perfect pack out there, but if I can get just a little closer to perfect. Thoughts or comments on said packs?
Thanks.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I personally really like the new design and will probably upgrade this year.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
I noticed that the popup handle on the older model could be pushed down lower (like below/behind the top of the bag) than the new model. This may be a trivial thing for many, but I like the bag more cinched down like a daypack when not hauling. I don't like my head and neck bonking it either

OP
H

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the comments. Really was hoping someone on here would have real world experience with both the 28 and 30. To hear their thoughts on the upgrades on the 30 vs the 28.

TaperPin

WKR
I don’t have a pop up, but they have piqued my interest because the local Scheels has a pile of them. Does the pop up feature get used often? I like a pack with some kind of frame to shoot off of - is that the main selling point, or is the extendable part actually a help when packing out critters?

Marshfly

WKR
I don’t have a pop up, but they have piqued my interest because the local Scheels has a pile of them. Does the pop up feature get used often? I like a pack with some kind of frame to shoot off of - is that the main selling point, or is the extendable part actually a help when packing out critters?
My wife uses a Popup. You 100% want to expand it when hauling meat. What's actually pretty nice is you can customize the height depending on what you are carrying.

This past year was her first time packing out with it and she had zero issues with her normal hunting load plus a front bull elk quarter with bones in.

OP
H

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2022 version pop up 28. I’m in the SouthEast and hunt whitetail. I saddle hunt and place my platform and saddle (if not wearing it in/out) in the load shelf. I like the bulk of my pack weight close to my back. Carries very well this way. Then I have the option to quarter and pack out harvest if I’m in an area that is remote.