How many sets of hunting duds?

How many sets of hunting clothes do you try to enter the season with? I usually try to have 3 sets of shirts/ pants. This permits me to regularly clean as needed without being overly oderous, works on camping trips on a weekly/bi-weekly basis too, and allows for occasional damage.

I wonder as I see high priced shirts and trousers being more so but still selling. Between fluctuating weight as well as seasons, if folks own more than one set of what I consider consumable gear, it would seem to get pricey.

I personally have a sense of value on cost versus use, though admittedly some extend that by buying solids. I like camo for hunting and prefer camo though the name brand isn't as important as the value to me. I recognize camo isn't "necessary", I've killed plenty without it, but i do perceive it as an advantage and I need all those I can get!

Pants especially I tend to be hard on. Over, under, or through but never around, is a real thing for me! But I don't drop $150/pr on casual trousers, let alone hunting duds, and my hunting stuff get used some, roughly 90 days a year minimum or so.

As I try to shop for perfect hunting pants for this fall at a good perceived value, this idea of how many sets of hunting gear people own continues to intrigue me.

Too bad Wrangler won't relax their outdoor active/ flex pant in the thigh seat area a skosh and license something like the Veil pattern. If they did that I'd certainly be buying 3-5 pairs as would many other hunters I suspect!

Elkangle

WKR
I have 2 sets for each season...warm, mid, cold and il pack the 2 sets I think im most likely to use along with 1 set from the next season down in case the temp really drops for essentially 3 sets of clothes

Socks and undies are daily if I'm at the truck

I also bring casual clothes/work clothes for relaxing,working, running to town

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
I just have a hodgepodge of technical hunting clothes, backpacking/mountaineering/skiing type clothing, and clothes I use for whitetail and I just kind of put sets of stuff together from that for each trip. Half of it was bought used at some time or another, and it’s mostly mismatched camo and neutral solid colors.
I can probably put together 2-3 sets of gear that’ll work for each season out of that pile, but it’s more like 1 set and then a backup or 2 that’ll work but isn’t ideal.

rideold

WKR
I have two pair of pants (one light, one warmer), two pair of long underwear, two merino t-shirts, one softshell jacket, one puffy and one hard shell jacket. Only have one pair of gloves at the moment but I like to have two pair so I have a backup.

Rock-o

WKR
I'm the worst kind of customer for the clothing companies. I have one system for all hunting. And it's not even all from the same company. But, I don't kill very many animals so maybe I'm dressing wrong.

PS Solids are camo too.

dkell

FNG
I have a set for pretty much every thing I do outside but I will admit it’s not very cost efficient. Some stuff crosses over especially pants but everything else is all pretty much specialized for the pursuit. Upland, stand hunting, waterfowl, active big game and fishing.

S.Clancy

WKR
I have lightweight and midweight pants. Then just use different #'s of layers depending on temperature. So 1 baselayer, mid layer, light insulation, heavy insulation (includes puffy pants) and raingear. Has worked for the last 10 yrs almost

Asking a Rokslider how many sets of camos, guns, bows, packs, boots or anything else is pointless and nobody wants their wife to see that number. Let's just leave it at "not quite enough" and move on.
not only that, i truly don't know... a pile....

i scoff at 60 dollar jeans, but have at least 10 pairs of pants that are 120-450$..... funny creatures we are

Mcharb007

FNG
not only that, i truly don't know... a pile....

i scoff at 60 dollar jeans, but have at least 10 pairs of pants that are 120-450$..... funny creatures we are
lol I won’t buy regular clothes but won’t bat an eye at spending $200-$300 for an article of hunting clothing

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
I have a variety of everything but since I am in the field a lot even when not hunting I have plenty to get through a few weeks. I have tops in camo but all pants are solid colors.

My gear room is ridiculous. My casual clothes not so much.

I am either hunting or working so I spend my money accordingly.

I always try out the newest gear and clothes, if I do not use them for one full year I sell them.

Im Embarrassed to say. But I have 9 full sets of camo from the big 3. My reasoning is that I take a full week off to hunt so I need e fresh set every day. Don’t like to stink whilst hunting