How many of you own semi-auto rifles?

kiddogy

WKR
I do not own one . have absolutely nothing against them , I just don't own one . just never saw a need ,one shot is generally plenty for big game.

did once own A SEMI .22 but it jammed a lot and I traded it off for a marlin lever

CX5Ranch

WKR
Shotgun for ducks. Pistols for concealed carry. AR for shtf.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They are great for kids also! Low recoil and very adjustable for their short LOP!
71ae62d6c6467c14d93f48d2b0ee2560.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have an AR, which is the only semi auto i own. I bought it for SHTF and also because they are most likely going to be banned eventually IMO. They're kind of fun to shoot but I don't really have a need for one personally.

eoperator

WKR
For me;
long range, high power= bolt rifle

everything else = semi auto
for me "modern sporting rifles" are more adaptable to the task at hand

I have a .17 hmr.

Despite the fact I spray painted it and it is no longer black and scary looking the state of Wa still considers it an assault rifle.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Calm down there pal. I never said I was against others owning them, did I? If there's ever a revolution in this country, I just picture it going down much differently. I know (and respect) a ton of people in the military and not a single one would ever fire on their fellow citizens. If (and I pray it never does) come down to it, the people of this country will have the vast majority of the military, and their resources, at our disposal.

[/QUOTE]
You apparently do not know many law enforcement officers or military personnel. Over half of the LEOs in the US are former military members. The majority of cops in America are pro 2nd Amendment as the members of our Armed Forces are. The paycheck and pension pays regardless of whether you are defiant or supporting your administration.

How long would door to door searches last until your local PD and SO had been killed off by attrition? Not long. Who takes the guns then? The military? The neat thing about America is that the Police and Military are made up of Police or Military dressed up like the Police or Military. We are still your neighbors and friends.

You either have not been around much for the past few decades or you choose to ignore reality. How many sheriffs or Police Chiefs have you seen defying laws passed as unconstitutional in the Western US? Tons. How about the District Attorneys refusing to prosecute? Tons. Outside of Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Oakland , Los Angeles, and San Diego, the conservative counties have stood their ground.

I swore an oath to the constitution of the US and the constitution of California 25 years ago, and it angers me when people paint almost one million cops under the same brush, apparently the fine details are not important to you.

They are important to me and the majority of us, because when then come for the guns, they are coming for us as well. Whoever they are....

What are they going to be kicking down my door for? I know plenty of law enforcement and they are bigger 2nd amendment supporters than almost anyone. The big difference in this country is that our military and law enforcement volunteer to serve us. They are loyal to the people, not the government.

I work with, and alongside military personel and organizations from every branch and at every level. I was there for the major hurricanes in Louisiana, have talked with quite a few of those involved in the Boston Marathon, and train with federal and local law enforcement regualarly (just the name- “Law Emforcement” should be a MASSIVE clue as to what they view their role as)... THE most important thing is to make it home safely at the end of the night. Not protect at all costs fellow citizens.....

If you think a private in the 2nd Marine Division or Ranger Regiment is going to disobey an order you are high as a kite. They do what they are told, and it has been conditioned into them to follow orders without question since day one. What people think is, and hale as a good thing, “discipline” is nothing more than “follow orders without question”. ANYONE who has the critical thinking skills or courage to stand against orders for any reason are “non conformists” and will not make it in the military. I have asked entire units what their role is and almost unanimously it is “got to war and follow orders”- not “defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic”.

Will most do it randomly on your elderly grandma? No. But that isn’t how it works. It is quite simple- make it an us versus them and make it feasible and palatable.

Domestic terrorists. “You are being brought in to help regain control of a city under siege by terrorism. We have to get the violence to stop, and we can’t while there are so many people armed. The populous is suspected of supplying the criminals.”

Done.

All you have to do is make it palatable.

bobinmi

WKR
Your last comment begs the 64,000$ question...what’s tyranny? To put a fine point on it, at what point do you put the front sight on people and start pulling the trigger?
When they are trying to take away the thing with the front site.

bobinmi

WKR
They are doing it peacefully by passing laws. Welcome to tyranny. Now what do you do?

We can play this mental masturbation game all day long if you would like to, but I believe my message is fairly clear. To put it into a more obvious way. I am a law abiding citizen up to the point that I am legislated into being a criminal. I will not give up what I have, and will use force to keep it.

kiddogy

WKR
I have a .17 hmr.

Despite the fact I spray painted it and it is no longer black and scary looking the state of Wa still considers it an assault rifle.
lol. that's why I painted clown faces on mine.

alas , I then discovered some people have an irrational fear of clowns.

Rich M

WKR
I am watching New Zealand.

The news on New Zealand is "interesting". They are complaining that they didn't get a list together before banning the guns and starting the "voluntary" buy-back program, which ends in December, btw. So far they have had 10,000 out of an estimated 1.25-1.5 million "assault weapons" (or whatever they are calling them) turned in.

Wonder what they come December/January. Maybe offer rewards for folks to turn in their family members, coworkers, peers, etc. That's when the folks may get a knock on the door at 0400 and maybe treated like a criminal, get the house searched, etc.

260madman

WKR
It’s New Zealand so I would expect them to go door to door for the good of the people. Glad to see they aren’t complying if what you’re saying is true.

ODB

WKR
We can play this mental masturbation game all day long if you would like to, but I believe my message is fairly clear. To put it into a more obvious way. I am a law abiding citizen up to the point that I am legislated into being a criminal. I will not give up what I have, and will use force to keep it.

Call it what you want, but if you haven’t run the full scenario to the point you start pulling the trigger (or whether you actually would), you simply haven’t thought enough. Most don’t.

SWOHTR

WKR
10/22, 1911A1, and some stupid little Astra .25.

As an active duty naval officer, I enjoy reading the comments and speculation as to how I, and others above me, led by me, and my peers, would react. There are valid considerations to a lot of the points brought up above.

Remember, the young mind (like 18-25...ie young service age) is very impressionable.