How many of you guys are just sitting your hunt?

intunegp

WKR
Rookie hunting story ... true story i have a hunting buddy who... is admittedly good at hunting... but got ahead of his ski's one year because he decided to sit on a branch over a game trail with a knife and wait for a deer to walk under it...

Well deer walked under it.... he jumped out of that tree.... and broke 3 ribs while the deer went unscathed

Crazy how every hunter knows a guy that did this. Mine was a high school friend's dad. Does it ever really happen or just some story that passes from person to person as somebody who wants to sound cool takes the torch and repeats it?

Gerbdog

WKR
Crazy how every hunter knows a guy that did this. Mine was a high school friend's dad. Does it ever really happen or just some story that passes from person to person as somebody who wants to sound cool takes the torch and repeats it?
nah he definitely broke his ribs, i have to assume his story was accurate with how he broke his ribs... i wasnt there but the after math i did see. Given who he is it is zero surprise to me. That said... maybe he just slipped and broke ribs and decided he needed an epic story.....

intunegp

WKR
nah he definitely broke his ribs, i have to assume his story was accurate with how he broke his ribs... i wasnt there but the after math i did see. Given who he is it is zero surprise to me. That said... maybe he just slipped and broke ribs and decided he needed an epic story.....

Right...I had an appendectomy when I was like 10 and throughout middle school and high school I told anyone that saw the scar I got stabbed.

Weldor

WKR
Helping a good friend on his cow hunt, at 77 he's not a spry as he used to be. We'll be sitting as he calls it "a old mans hunt". It works down this way we are 6 for 6 yrs. Elk travel and do their morning stretch like clock work.

intunegp

WKR
Helping a good friend on his cow hunt, at 77 he's not a spry as he used to be. We'll be sitting as he calls it "a old mans hunt". It works down this way we are 6 for 6 yrs. Elk travel and do their morning stretch like clock work.

Unfortunately you'll have to tell that old fella you're not actually hunting.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Helping a good friend on his cow hunt, at 77 he's not a spry as he used to be. We'll be sitting as he calls it "an old mans hunt". It works down this way we are 6 for 6 yrs. Elk travel and do their morning stretch like clock work.
This is rewarding stuff! I helped an awesome old dude/friend on his bear hunt. It was great. He calls what he does “A gentleman’s hunt”

This old bear just walked in front of him as he was walking from the SXS to the glsssing point a couple hundred yards away.

Heading up to hunt elk with him in a few weeks too. He will climb a little hill and sit and glass. I will process the elk he kills, and pack it for him with a buddy.

What he does has virtually no element of “pursuit” in it. Some people say that isn’t hunting. Of course they is just opinion. Wonder if that opinion will change.

I just hope I have someone to help me hunt when I am old—even if I have to just sit in the mountains.

IMG_7206.jpegIMG_7191.jpeg
IMG_7214.jpegIMG_7256.jpeg