How many of you guys are just sitting your hunt?

It’s hard for me to imagine the incessant need to be right and argue a semantical issue like this. Carry on.

Indeed this whole thread has turned into a bunch of hurt-feelings whitetail folks. I’m not trying to say sitting around in the elk woods isn’t hunting lol. I’m saying that tree stand hunting east of the Rockies is a joke and is not ‘hunting’ in the true sense of the word. Not trying to say you have to be moving and pursuing game constantly. This whole thread is sad. Unfollowed…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed this whole thread has turned into a bunch of hurt-feelings whitetail folks. I’m not trying to say sitting around in the elk woods isn’t hunting lol. I’m saying that tree stand hunting east of the Rockies is a joke and is not ‘hunting’ in the true sense of the word. Not trying to say you have to be moving and pursuing game constantly. This whole thread is sad. Unfollowed…

I was referring to you.

Grundy53

WKR

I think you need to touch grass

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Speaking of hunting east of the Rockies, im heading back to VA to see family for thanksgiving and think i might go sit a corner of a field for a few days on my uncles property and see if any bucks come out ! looking forward to it. I havent hunted whitetail in 25 years.
My 1 and only Ohio whitetail hunt lasted about 3 hours in a ladder stand over some kind of mineral block that had all kinds of corn, oats and whatever else was stuck to it. Made a great 14 yard shot and a short 25 yard recovery. I found that hunt quite enjoyable! I'd do it again and I would define that as hunting. Regardless of what anyone else calls it lol

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Crazy how every hunter knows a guy that did this. Mine was a high school friend's dad. Does it ever really happen or just some story that passes from person to person as somebody who wants to sound cool takes the torch and repeats it?
It was Tom Brown, Jr. that started this. It was a big thing at our Boy Scout camp that was retold endlessly.

Tom Brown Jr:
I was 10 years old when I killed my first deer - with a flint blade on the end of a stick. I virtually lived with it for a couple of weeks, knowing its every move, every trail it would take. And finally, when I did drop from the tree and kill it, it was like killing a brother. I took the deer back to Grandfather - because it was going to be his meat for the winter - and threw it down at him and swore I would never go back in the woods again. He said: 'Grandson, when you can feel the same way about a blade of grass plucked from the earth as you do about that little deer, truly then you will be one with all things.'

Gerbdog

WKR
I feel smarter today for this. I also owe my buddy a real conversation if he's been laughing at me for believing him all this time. Trust but verify i reckon. Ah well, good on him for making me believe haha