How many freezers is too many....??

Three freezers:
Upright in the garage for household use and processed game meats
Chest freezer outside for game meat unprocessed and large roasts
Chest freezer outside for heads/hides/dog training animals (birds, rabbits, etc.)

trevvamos

Lil-Rokslider
3 freezers as well.

17 cu Upright for wild game.
Chest #1 for Beef.
Chest #2 for DIY ice bath ❄️

rclouse79

WKR
It depends on how good of a hunter your are. I inherited a second chest freezer, which is nice for the good years. When I have a bad year my wife tries to motivate me by burying what wild game I have left with stuff from Costco. Grrrrrr.

keller

WKR
I have 3 and 1-5 cu traveling freezer.that has been to ak,nm,wy,az,mt, newfoundland multiple times.helped neighbors in need during covid when you couldn't buy a freezer and theirs crapped out never regretted having extra freezers

I run two chest freezers and an upright freezer in the basement. Also have a cheap fridge/freezer in the basement as well.

Two chest freezers are deer & elk. The stand up freezer is pork we raise and the fridge/freezer if for regular household overflow.

madgrad02

WKR
Big commercial upright for majority of groceries, chest freezer for my endeavors (and excess groceries), and a side by side fridge/ freezer in the garage with a lot of frozen excess produce from garden last summer.

I have two in the garage. Two in my office and one in the barn. I try to keep them full but every once in a while a hard year leaves me with a little slack.

It's always easier to work around extra than not enough.

I have one chest freezer. I am single. I have never had a good system for organizing my chest so I am thinking of an upright next time. I had a good year deer hunting and I filled it up. I don't want to make the floor space for a second freezer so I will get a bigger size upright next time. I like to take advantage of buying beef , poultry, pork and fish when its on great deals. I prefer fresh vegetables. So one is enough for me in addition to my freezer in my kitchen frig.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
We have a few. I like to covert the big chest freezer to a refer during the hunts, allows me to throw quarters in and forget it about it for a while. Not having to stop everything to butcher an animal is nice when you always have multiple tags.

One upright for majority of wild game and a garage fridge with some extra freezer space. Game meat is part of my everyday diet and I like to be running low by the time fall rolls around.

TX_Diver

WKR
I have 5. 3 full size chest, 1 upright, and 1 small chest freezer. We almost entirely raise our own meat though (and occasionally I have success hunting). Right now one chest freezer is about half full of turkeys, one is entirely full of pork, and one is a mix of chickens, stuff from the garden, costco stuff, etc. The upright is plugged into the kegerator controller and being used as a fridge. It's defrosting 2 turkeys and about 20 lbs of pork bellys.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
980 sq ft apartment / 3 chest freezers (two 5's and a 7 cu ft). Trying to talk the fiancée into one more, especially if she gets some tags drawn this year.