How many arrows do you bring?

guitarpreston

Lil-Rokslider
Week long hunt out of state. How many arrows are you bringing? Also how close are you building them weight wise?

Ho5tile1

WKR
Last time I went to Illinois from Florida I brought 2 bows and all my hunting arrows my arrows are 550 grains. I bring 2 saddles and a summit climber just in case. 1 is none 2 is one. Has served me well. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ho5tile1

WKR
Sry I brought like 19 arrows never needed more then the one that went through the buck. One of my buddies went through 8 arrows he don’t shoot as much as I do and missed a few times then had to shoot his buck 2 times as well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

guitarpreston

Lil-Rokslider
Right now I’ve got 5 built up that are my “hunting arrows” that are within 2 grains of each other. Debating how many more to fletch and bring. I fully don’t expect to shoot 5 in a week chasing mule deer but theoretically you could fall and break some etc.

I bring at least 12. Usually I bring 24. I have at least 8-9 that are hunt ready. I carry 5 in the quiver and have 3-4 more that I know are sound if I shoot something. If I don't have to fly and I drive easily 24. Flying I try to bring as many as I can. I like to have at least 6 to practice with. So at a minimum it's 6 practice 6 hunting.

Rembo

FNG
4 in the quiver as well and always bring backups to camp just for the sake of it.

sambo3006

FNG
I usually bring at least a dozen arrows on out of state hunts, especially since I build my own arrows to my specifications. As others have said, better to have and not need...

Taudisio

WKR
A dozen. Only a full quiver leaves the truck at a time though. If I lose 5 at animals, I’ll walk back to the truck with my head down. Probably shoot my target for a whole day. But that hasn’t happened yet. I have slung 4 on a trip though. The last one found it’s mark.

4 in my quiver. 4-6 extra in the case. Doesn’t change if I am hunting at home or out of state. I typically re-fletch 10-12 arrow to start each year. Mainly because I like switching colors.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll bring a full dozen arrows extra and leave in the truck. Using an arrow tube, and stored in the bow case at all times, is a convenient way for me to always have more than needed. On an elk hunt, I once slipped crossing a tiny creek and cracked three out of five arrows in my quiver. I’ve also foolishly lost an arrow or two shooting at grouse. A full dozen at the truck achieves the “1 is none, 2 is 1” mentality for me

5 in the quiver, the rest at home. If I fling 5 shots and kill 0 animals I deserve a couple hour drive to think about what the heck I’m doing out there haha

This. ^^^^

Although.....I did shoot all 5 of my arrows at a moose back in 2010....He died, and that's all I have to say about that.