how important are speed nocks?

Mike Free

FNG
Just curious, i got some new strings coming in today for my nitrum, how important are speed nocks? i have some TPU ones on order but ive never done them before.

OR Archer

WKR
The tpu ones don't last. Tried them on my Carbon turbo last year and they split and would move around. I just use brass nicks and 1/4" shrink tubing.

As far as importance I think they are important. Bow will tune without them however. Just take good measurements before you remove your strings so you can replace them correctly

Trial153

WKR
Go with the factory placement as stated above and save your self time and effort. Second the try sleeves ...don't like them at all.

OP
M

Mike Free

FNG
are you guys just using regular brass nocks or a certain one? i know a couple places that sell them but they all say different sizes and are different colors on the inside if that makes sense.

Trial153

WKR
Yes regular brass nocks, see which size crimp almost al the way around the sting .

ontarget7

WKR
Speed nocks can be very important on some bows at maintaining clean vertical nock travel. With the Nitrum I recommend matching factory with red brass nocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mike Free

FNG
Speed nocks can be very important on some bows at maintaining clean vertical nock travel. With the Nitrum I recommend matching factory with red brass nocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just picked up a couple packages of the reds, & some shrink tubing. Is it better to just do it with the strings on the bow, or just measure for factory specs and install without them being under some type of tension? I already have the factory measurements, and i know how many it should have per set.

OR Archer

WKR
Measure from your string stop before removing your stock strings. Then you can install the new strings and measure from the stop again to replace them.

OP
M

Mike Free

FNG
Thanks for the help guys, noticed about 4-5 fps difference with them compared to without. Put them right where the previous ones were and seemed to be the most efficient spot to place them.