How hunting may have saved my life

Okhotnik

WKR
Holy schit. Puts your own problems in perspective. Best of luck in recovery. Looks like you have a beautiful support system. pm sent

CDS8034

FNG
Wow! Like has been mentioned, that really puts all the little problems and issues we deal with into perspective. Best of luck on your recovery. Take your time and do what the docs tell you. Get well soon!

Elk97

WKR
Wishing you a speedy recovery. You've got a great attitude, and attitude can and will help you through the recovery process. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

lif

WKR
Bless you brother. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you and your family. Thanks for reminding us of what we already have. Hoping to hear some hunting stories out of you the next couple years.

OP
cody21peterson
So how's your hearing now.......did it fix it?

You're a hunter, you'll recover and be back to chasing bulls in no time.

Unfortunately no. The doctor said the inner ear was damaged beyond repair from the tumor but I will still try out a hearing aid as soon as I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cody21peterson
Thank you for all the kind words guys! I thank God everyday for giving me this second chance. I hope everyone has a merry Christmas.
As far as next season goes, my wife tells me I’ll totally get an elk now that I don’t have a baseball in my brain, I hope she’s right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKBorn

WKR
Prayers up for a speedy recovery, a joyous holiday season for you and your family, and a return to the mountains next Fall! Thanks for sharing an incredible story, that will get better over the years.

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
Hoping you have a speedy recovery. Happy holidays for you and your family!

Time is your friend. After they removed my wife's brain tumor she was blind, mostly deaf and had zero equilibrium. She literally spent seven months on our livingroom couch, unable to climb the stairs to our bedroom. During her recovery she made many promises to herself on what she'd change if she got her faculties back. Now...many years later she not only has fully recovered (took 18 months) but has achieved those things she promised herself. Her tumor fueled a fantastic future that might otherwise have been unattained. Keep your chin up, heal and use this experience to ignite the inner passion to achieve your dreams. Hunting and that tumor can save your life and build a far better one. Time will slow for you in the short term but what happens thereafter can be amazing. The bulls will be calling you and next time...you'll hear em and fill that tag. Thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• IMGP3273.JPG
    IMGP3273.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Prayers sent! Crazy story. I hope you recover fast so you can start getting ready for next years hunt. Merry Christmas to you and your family!