How do you get your elk racks back home in your truck bed? Tips / Pics appreciated.

robtattoo

WKR
I do wonder whats with the shortbeds on fullsize pickups?

Nashville soccer Moms 🙄

Better turning radius, easier to park.

Anything that won't fit in a 6" 10" bed is going on a trailer anyway.

Really?! I don't know a full size owner that'd give 2 hoots about turning or parking. They do care about being able to get a half pack of drywall or plywood in there though, without the hassle of having to turn..... or park.... a trailer. Anything less than 8 foot is worthless.

Duh

WKR
IMG_6239.jpeg
Couple years ago. I always bring them inside if staying the night somewhere. I’ve had a rack stolen out of Billings a few years back.

Felix40

WKR
Nashville soccer Moms 🙄

Really?! I don't know a full size owner that'd give 2 hoots about turning or parking. They do care about being able to get a half pack of drywall or plywood in there though, without the hassle of having to turn..... or park.... a trailer. Anything less than 8 foot is worthless.
Until you are in the woods on tight forest roads…which is where I spend most of my time. 4 door with an 8 foot bed is a nightmare out there.

Acting like there’s only 1 correct answer for everyone is worthless.

Last edited:
I've always driven 3/4 ton trucks.

I also drive them in downtown and on mountain roads.

I don't touch drywall, and have never had issues with my shortbed. Full time construction work. Haul tractors, vehicles, all kinds of stuff. Do a lot more different stuff than most people.

ChrisAU

WKR
The first one I killed wouldn’t fit in my camper shell over a bed of coolers. I was very pleased with our remedy.

IMG_9275.jpeg

Went with that the next year when my buddy got his first elk

IMG_2859.jpeg

Those two made it from Colorado to Alabama with no damage at all.

But last year my new truck had a bit more room.

IMG_5182.jpeg

Not much to add other than those being some of my favorite pics. I will say that some medical prewrap and tape are great for protecting antlers.

WCOPP

FNG
This is a single cab tacoma. There was a lot of honking and thumbs up on the way home.

Attachments

• IMG_0101-2.JPG
    IMG_0101-2.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 23
just stick the tines in the leftover hay bales.... no straps needed.
IMG_1329.jpg