How do you feed your dog?

I'm trying to figure this out. Am I missing something? Is this what you do after your boy has lost his nuts?

20230423_111749.jpg

I can overthink and really complicate things, but I just really can't figure this one out.

madgrad02

WKR
Fancy dog food and I've seen folks flip dog bowls upside down to slow down the eating as it's in the narrow ring around the outside... my chocolate lab (R.I.P.) used to inhale his food so fast it sometimes came right back up with all the air he gulped while gorging it all down, etc.

Last edited:
My old lab is skinny and doesn't eat much. I made Elk shank pot roast tonight. Filled her bowl with dry food and saturated it with broth from the pot roast. Two days ago I simmered down some frozen hog shoulder blades and scrap trimming with a little water until it was like a soup, threw out the bones and poured that mixture into her dry food and mixed it up, the rest is in the fridge that'll get divvied up for a few more days.

Dry dog food in a bowl on the floor. Once in a while she gets a treat of some kind of broth from a roast, grease, fat, etc mixed in. Her normal treats are beef tendons from the hind leg.

7mm-08

WKR
If I fed our dog that concoction you have in that bowl, I'd be working a week to get her gut back to normal with cottage cheese and rice. Our mutt is fed small portions twice a day with 12 hours between feedings and plenty of water on the side. If ANYTHING changes from that routine, we all pay for it with diarrhea, lethargy and a general mess. I envy those who have dogs with guts of steel.

Superdoo

WKR
Here's a snap my wife took.
1675204537-Gunthers-Millions-S1-E1-00-01-20-07.png

Charles (the dog) really appreciates the extra effort I take by wearing the ensemble.

Our dogs each get 1 scoop of dry food and 1/4 can of wet food mixed together with a fork. 7am and 7pm

OP
Billy Goat
If I fed our dog that concoction you have in that bowl, I'd be working a week to get her gut back to normal with cottage cheese and rice. Our mutt is fed small portions twice a day with 12 hours between feedings and plenty of water on the side. If ANYTHING changes from that routine, we all pay for it with diarrhea, lethargy and a general mess. I envy those who have dogs with guts of steel.

That is a picture of a commercial.

Now, problem right now my dog is eating afterbirth periodically. It's fine until he gets some that's covered in straw, he likes to throw that up in the middle of the night.

My next million dollar idea is an alarm that sounds like a dog throwing up. Even my wife who hits snooze for an hour and a half jumps up when she hears that.