How did ancient / native people not get botulism from smoking?

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
Actually anyone *can* lactate as long as they have breast tissue and nipples. One of the side effects of Risperidone (an anti-psychotic) is that it can cause lactation. It makes more sense if you remember that we all start out developing the same until the right sequence of DNA activates and fires off those Y chromosomes. Then sometimes that goes wrong too, and you get XXY, XXYY, etc. All it takes is a little code misread or misprint. There are other conditions which can cause it too. You don't need big honkers (if you'll pardon my French) as there's not a correlation between the size of your fooda-doopas (to use a technical term) and milk production. The size of the spigot is unrelated to the depth of the reservoir.

Also keep an eye on your own moobs, cuz you can get breast cancer no matter what bait and tackle you were born with. Watch out for inflammation and soreness that doesn't go away, check for lumps, etc. That goes double for the dudes taking dubious supplements that promise to triple the size of your cannon or de-age you or give you ULTIMATE ALPHA ENERGY cuz sometimes they're just powdered livestock steroids.

I make two deer into jerky every year, I just salt pepper and hang in garage with fan on. On occasion I’ll cold smoke in a big 4x4 ply wood box using “amaze” cold smoker and mesquite.

Just have to watch humidity outside.

I’m not in a tropical climate

ozyclint

WKR
All useful cookware items made before 1994 are considered Class III cookware items and can only be owned if registered prior to the NCA (National Cookware Act). If properly registered, they may be transferred, with a $200 stamp and an approval period, which is running 30-40 months. Cookware subject to the NCA may not be manufactured, whether from scratch or thru the use of once popular 80% cookware kits.
You can take my vinegar when you prise it from my cold dead hands.

WRM

WKR
See ,now you got it . Next can you guys move on to "MENSTRUAL EQUITY " . Oregon has decided to put tampons in the "boys" restrooms according to the Menstrual Dignity Act. (Sorry about the massive derail "botulism to breast feeding to menstruation. I guess this all has something to due with the survival of our species )

Got to get the "toolkit". It has "menstruation-positive" language, and God knows I need some of that at my house. Plus, who doesn't like a toolkit?

A lot tougher than we are. I’m sure they are alot
Of raw meat. Us “tough guys” today can’t hold
A candle to those guys back in the day

JjamesIII

WKR
They had a much stronger gut biome than we do because sugar, artificial flavorings and preservatives hadn't destroyed it. I bet they didn't have as many allergies and intolerances as we do either. I'm sure trial and error came into play, someone probably took one for the team. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
We can’t even drink potable water in many countries without chlorine. Those Indians had iron guts, and probably full of worms as well 🤮.

KurtR

WKR
My wife made me give up the Cope when we got married. She once asked me what I would do if we ever got divorced. Apparently buy a can of Cope Long Cut Wintergreen was not the correct answer.
If the nukes are coming i am going and buying a log of long cut Cope and going to sit and watch the show happy. Coffee and chew in the morning was about the best thing ever.

Idaboy

WKR
Botulism only grows in anaerobic conditions, which has to be inside the meat. If there is contact with air, it can't grow, UV does not penetrate very deeply into something like meat, so I'd guess there isn't much impact of UV.
Agree, you need anaerobic conditions, Thats why poor canning types of conditions is usually implicated....unless you literally have a pus pocket,abscess in the meat, you aren't going to be producing anaerobic conditions (in cut meat slices that are then dried)

Giardia, E. coli, and cryptosporidium have nothing to do with pollution. But if I’m ever considering drinking from the cuyahoga river- that would be high in my list.
Grew up between Cleveland and Pittsburgh and old enough to remember when the Cuyahoga river caught fire . That's pollution when you can get water to burn. Lol