How bout them Chiiiiiueeeeeefs!!

The Niners had some bad luck on that punt but the game was still theirs to win at the end and they choked. They had first down at the Chiefs 10 or 15 yard line in OT and can't score a TD? To top it off on 3rd down, they let Chris Jones, the one guy they really need to block, come in virtually untouched on the quarterback to break up the play?

Vaultman

WKR
The Niners really ran into some bad breaks. The punt of the guys heel is just bad luck, then you have arguably one of the best LB in the entire sport tear his Achilles RUNNING ONTO THE GD FIELD. Kelce had done next to nothing up to that point. Then Kittle gets nicked up. They should have blocked Butker's FG (look at the replay, I literally have no idea how they didn't) and get an extra pt of their own blocked.

You do all that with Mahomes on the other side and it is really, really hard to win, yet it was a really close game. The two things that annoyed me the most were not one holding call on anyone blocking Bosa (seriously, look back at some of those "blocks") and Shannahan not calling timeout before that last pass. To me, there was no reason not to call one.

I hate the Chiefs, but you have to admit they know how to win, just like that dancing giraffe Tom Brady and the Patriots. It's annoying.

You guys complaing about it being a fluke or bad luck that a punt hit a recieving team player. As if it never happened before. Stay clear of a punt!
Hey there is hope... once a niner whiner then a champ....
8fmptc.jpg

Last edited:
From the field to the suites, it’s hard to imagine a more unlikable bunch than KC.

You guys are way off on the Reid/Kelce little tussle. I get it you don’t like him because his GF is annoying and lib or whatever and he’s the Pfizer guy. But those two have been together for a decade. They know each other better than most here probably know their best friend. And they’ve literally become future hall of farmers together. No one understands their competitive nature like the other. Kelce watched his offense struggle for a half while his coach wouldn’t feed him (again, one of the best players in the league) the rock. And look how it turned out for them in the second half when they did.

Kelce’s passion and Reid’s way of dealing with it/understanding probably has a lot to do with the fact they are future HOFers and 3 time SB champions. No one would’ve even noticed if it wasn't for all the press he had got the last 5 months. Hell, they probably wouldn’t have even shown it on TV. Reid literally laughed about it after the game and said it hardly registered with him.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yet they were crushed by the 8-9 Denver Broncos.
That was just part of the script. The Chiefs are set to have an undefeated season including winning the Super Bowl in 2027. But in order for that to have the maximum effect they need to have some growing pains in the years leading up to it, such as a few pathetic losses. 😀

First day in the office, I may puke. Currently beside me is a discussion of who everyone was standing next to Taylor Swift. Folks, if you place so much value on this stuff as to dedicate your time and energy to it, maybe reconsider?

KenLee

WKR
The funny thing is Reid has been widely criticized for how he manages games, especially timeouts and challenges. He had a couple big screwups in the game too (non-challenge on the Kelce first down and the wasted timeout the play after in the first 4 mins of the first quarter). That timeout especially would have given them another shot at the endzone at the end of the 4Q to just win it there. Which would have been huge if the 49ers kicker hadn't missed the extra point, instead of him missing it and it being a 3 point game. Reid did his usual mismanagement but Shanahan is a repeat and renowned choke artist in the SB. Hell, the 49ers players said after the game they didn't even know the new playoff OT rules.

The big story of this playoff run and honestly last year's playoff run too is the fact that Steve Spagnuolo hasn't been poached by a team for a HC job. Instead has been a consistent part of this Chiefs dynasty by dialing up smothering defenses every playoff run. If I recall right the Bills, Ravens, Dolphins, and 49ers together averaged about 28-29 points per game and against KC they averaged about 16 points. That is suffocating defensive performance and it chaps my ass the SB MVP didn't go to Chris Jones or Trent McDuffie.
I wondered about why Spags wasn't a head coach...then remembered the pitiful rams teams he led. I think he doesn't want to be head coach again. Some owner out there should offer him about 6-7 million to come fix their defense though.

tdhanses

WKR
I really had a problem watching the Chefs because of Tayler, now I have another, Travis. What an arrogant Ahole. Andy should have smacked him upside the head with his clip board. I'm way ahead of the curve, I have had a strong dislike for her for many, many years.
You do realize they have more of a father/son relationship then a boss/employee and that Travis came right back and apologized and gave him a hug right?

I wondered about why Spags wasn't a head coach...then remembered the pitiful rams teams he led. I think he doesn't want to be head coach again. Some owner out there should offer him about 6-7 million to come fix their defense though.
Look at the amount of cover-0/1 man he used. Straight up disrespecting Purdy.

GGK2qKnXMAAXNrP

GSPHUNTER

WKR
You do realize they have more of a father/son relationship then a boss/employee and that Travis came right back and apologized and gave him a hug right?
I do know my dad smacked me upside the head for less. :)