How bout them Chiiiiiueeeeeefs!!

People give all the credit to Mahomes (and he is very good), but the real credit should go to Andy Reid (as some have eluded to). He is so good at getting the right people in the right place at the right time. From his staff to his players. Look what he did with the Eagles. Look what he’s done with the Chiefs. I would consider him one of the greatest coaches of all time. And if you ever get a chance to meet him, he really is one of the most genuine and nice people on the planet.

And he loves him some chickie nuggies.
Even as a Cowboys fan I always like Andy Reid when he was with the Eagles. Those Nuggies commercials are top notch, dude is a character. I still think he chose to go to KC due to the BBQ. lol

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I really had a problem watching the Chefs because of Tayler, now I have another, Travis. What an arrogant Ahole. Andy should have smacked him upside the head with his clip board. I'm way ahead of the curve, I have had a strong dislike for her for many, many years.

Beendare

WKR
it really was a-toss up game with the botched PAT and punt hitting the 9ers players heel being the difference in the game.

Anyone saying that was boring doesn’t understand the adjustments being made….the NFL is the most complex sport there is.

My bet, if Reid and coaching staff was swapped for niners staff- whichever team Reid is coaching wins 8 of 10 times.

I really had a problem watching the Chefs because of Tayler, now I have another, Travis. What an arrogant Ahole. Andy should have smacked him upside the head with his clip board. I'm way ahead of the curve, I have had a strong dislike for her for many, many years.
Reid's a helluva coach. I wonder if Kelce would have done that with Ditka or somebody else from that era (Walsh, Johnson, etc)?

Reid's a helluva coach. I wonder if Kelce would have done that with Ditka or somebody else from that era (Walsh, Johnson, etc)?
Don't even have to delve into the older eras, like to see how Bellichick or Tomlin (both SB winning coaches) would've handled it. Something tells me Bellichick would have a 3rd string TE out there making plays to prove a point.

What was Shanahan thinking taking the ball first in OT?

That automatically puts the Chiefs in 4 down when they get the ball….ooops.
Shanahan the playcaller/play designer is one of the best in the league. Shanahan the game manager and situational football coach has always been terrible.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shanahan the playcaller/play designer is one of the best in the league. Shanahan the game manager and situational football coach has always been terrible.
That was the difference maker in my mind. Reid is a master at situational football while being a decent play caller/designer. Always been a fan of Andy but not a chiefs fan.

That was the difference maker in my mind. Reid is a master at situational football while being a decent play caller/designer. Always been a fan of Andy but not a chiefs fan.
The funny thing is Reid has been widely criticized for how he manages games, especially timeouts and challenges. He had a couple big screwups in the game too (non-challenge on the Kelce first down and the wasted timeout the play after in the first 4 mins of the first quarter). That timeout especially would have given them another shot at the endzone at the end of the 4Q to just win it there. Which would have been huge if the 49ers kicker hadn't missed the extra point, instead of him missing it and it being a 3 point game. Reid did his usual mismanagement but Shanahan is a repeat and renowned choke artist in the SB. Hell, the 49ers players said after the game they didn't even know the new playoff OT rules.

The big story of this playoff run and honestly last year's playoff run too is the fact that Steve Spagnuolo hasn't been poached by a team for a HC job. Instead has been a consistent part of this Chiefs dynasty by dialing up smothering defenses every playoff run. If I recall right the Bills, Ravens, Dolphins, and 49ers together averaged about 28-29 points per game and against KC they averaged about 16 points. That is suffocating defensive performance and it chaps my ass the SB MVP didn't go to Chris Jones or Trent McDuffie.

Totally predictable. I told my wife a week ago it would be won by some Mahomes pass play at the end of the game. Now Travis and Taylor can go to the White House and publicly express their support for the senile one......

tony

WKR
Do you shove the coach when asking? He then had to be pulled off by another player . Steroids and clot shots apparently cause violent behavior
Coach should have told him to shower and go upstairs and sit with his girlfriends and her friends

Speaking of, his GF is a lyrical genius I tell you. Some heavy song writing.
Girl at work was playing music and one her "songs" came on. She repeated the same 3 words for 99% of the "song" Shake it up, shake it off?
Powerful writing I tell you

dtrkyman

WKR
9ers abandoned the run for most of the middle of the game, they brought it back late and scored. STOOPID!

Chiefs D is tough!

9ers had some really poorly timed penalties as well.

I think Shanahan took the ball cuz the chiefs D was tired, I knew when they settled for the field goal it was over!

S.Clancy

WKR
The Niners really ran into some bad breaks. The punt of the guys heel is just bad luck, then you have arguably one of the best LB in the entire sport tear his Achilles RUNNING ONTO THE GD FIELD. Kelce had done next to nothing up to that point. Then Kittle gets nicked up. They should have blocked Butker's FG (look at the replay, I literally have no idea how they didn't) and get an extra pt of their own blocked.

You do all that with Mahomes on the other side and it is really, really hard to win, yet it was a really close game. The two things that annoyed me the most were not one holding call on anyone blocking Bosa (seriously, look back at some of those "blocks") and Shannahan not calling timeout before that last pass. To me, there was no reason not to call one.

I hate the Chiefs, but you have to admit they know how to win, just like that dancing giraffe Tom Brady and the Patriots. It's annoying.

tony

WKR
Looked like both teams were out, majority looked uninterested, one doing jumping jacks or something.
I was surprised, kelce had is hand over his heart.