How are guys finding ammo?

Spoonbill

WKR
This whole thing is only going to get worse and could get a lot worse. Its worse now than 6 weeks ago but quite a bit. Shotgun shells were almost always on the local shelf and now they are gone pretty quick.....shelves are completely empty 75% of the time. 4 weeks ago there would almost always be something on the shelf.
It’s almost to the point where anyone looking for a new gun needs to base the decision on what ammo they can buy a few hundred rounds of. I remember shotgun shells in 2012 being limited in selection, but not like I am seeing now.

z987k

WKR
When people say buy something in a common caliber like 308win 3006, 300winmag, 243 etc ignore them.

Go buy some ultra expensive to shoot magnum or something no one shoots.

Our stores have all the 28 nosler, 300wby, 270wsm you would want. It's all close to $80 per 20, but it's there.
There was even 28 nosler brass and dies on the shelf.
I was starting to get ideas about another rifle.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You would think some ammo manufacturers would make the necessary investments to increase their production capacities. I understand that the last 9 months have been a “perfect storm” to create demand for ammunition, but come on, there have been regular shortages since Obama started his run for President. It just seems like these guys are missing out on an opportunity to make a lot more money, and I don’t understand that.
Because it isn't that simple. Under Trump they saw declining sales and had to cut workers. It takes a lot of time and huge money to start up new production lines. I have a cousin who works for Olin, that owns Winchester. She asked the VP of Winchester ammunition when production would catch up, and the lady told her at current demand it would be mid 2022. A few months ago they had the discussion and it was middle of this summer. It's going to get worse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If any of you come across some 300 PRC 212 Precision Hunter online, let me know please. I will soon have a brand new rifle, and no way to shoot it if this BS keeps up. A while back I signed up for quite a few "notify me" options and haven't had a hit yet.

Remember that time I texted you this picture but they were a few bucks high per box? 😂 sorry man..
77219FE6-8FD5-4C17-A9F6-4B8F247B509E.jpeg

Brianmp01

WKR
270 or 7mm is a good caliper to buy a gun in, my local store has about 6 shelves full of it

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
When people say buy something in a common caliber like 308win 3006, 300winmag, 243 etc ignore them.

Go buy some ultra expensive to shoot magnum or something no one shoots.

Our stores have all the 28 nosler, 300wby, 270wsm you would want. It's all close to $80 per 20, but it's there.
There was even 28 nosler brass and dies on the shelf.
I was starting to get ideas about another rifle.

Wish that was the case in my area. I have been trying to find 300 WBY without success.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Well, I got some 6.5MnBn ammo. I hawked AmmoSeek every 15 minutes and got 200 rounds. I would have bought more, but they ended up costing enough that I decided I can make 200 rounds last. I never thought I would pay $3 a bullet for ELDX. If I can dig up some 7mm, I'll be set for next season and I can move on with my life!

TDawg

FNG
Well, I got some 6.5MnBn ammo. I hawked AmmoSeek every 15 minutes and got 200 rounds. I would have bought more, but they ended up costing enough that I decided I can make 200 rounds last. I never thought I would pay $3 a bullet for ELDX. If I can dig up some 7mm, I'll be set for next season and I can move on with my life!
You're not going to like the price Cougar, but this one says 7mm in stock.

sram9102

WKR
We still have a some ammo around. Not even at terrible prices, just nothing I need. Anybody looking for 7-08 East central IN is the place to be most plentiful thing other than shotgun shells.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
And? I never said nobody was going to do it period....it is people just expect all the large manufacturers to announce they are building a new plant to double production.

Good for ammo inc. hopefully it pays off for them if they can get the facility built within a year and get their machines up and running in a decent time they may catch the end of Bidens first term. Hopefully this doesn't extend that long or another one like him gets elected. But, it would be good for Ammo inc. to make their money back because if it flips the other way could have been a big gamble.

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
We still have a some ammo around. Not even at terrible prices, just nothing I need. Anybody looking for 7-08 East central IN is the place to be most plentiful thing other than shotgun shells.

I need 7mm08! 140 Accubond. Any of the stores you are thinking of sell online? Or in person only?

fmyth

WKR

I am looking for some 7mm-08 but Indiana is a long drive from AZ. What ammo are you looking for?

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
I need some 30-06 Precision Hunters... Kinda popular among the scalpers and hoarders

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
If I can find, I’ll buy it and sell it at cost plus shipping. I’ve got a couple of hidden gems, but it’s real hit and miss.