How ABSOLUTE LOW must one stoop?

Jimmy

WKR
I had my pickup stolen one time when I was out hunting.... then I realized I parked it farther down the road.

But seriously, I've thought about what I'd do if I caught someone stealing stuff from camp or breaking in my truck. If they are stupid enough to do that, they might be stupid enough to shoot back at a warning shot. I've decided that I'm going to do everything I can to avoid any shooting. Because once that starts, either I'm dead or I've had to unalive someone, and I'm not too excited to do that either.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not surprised. Though not backcountry, I've had several tree stands and cameras stolen while bear baiting in N Id. It always surprises me because it generally has to be other hunters. Hound guys are the worst. N Id scum bags are just as bad as anywhere.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Wonder just how far in and away from trails this truly was? It has surprised me to see guys here in CO setting up camps right off a busy hiking trail. I'm not saying that shifts the blame or anything, it still takes a shitty person to steal from someone else. But, I have always made sure to set my camps up in areas well away from traffic.

That sucks! I’ve never had anything major stolen but did have a small cheap John boat stolen a few yrs ago. My fault, I left it beside a back river channel over night…
And this year I had a trail camera stolen as well.
What I don’t understand is how in the world do people use stolen stuff and ever feel good about it?? Talk about a seared conscience!

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks! I’ve never had anything major stolen but did have a small cheap John boat stolen a few yrs ago. My fault, I left it beside a back river channel over night…
What I don’t understand is how in the world do people use stolen stuff and ever feel good about it?? Talk about a seared conscience!
They aren’t built like us. They don’t care that they stole it. I stole a lollipop as a little kid and felt so bad about it I couldn’t ever imagine stealing anything again.

What I don’t understand is how in the world do people use stolen stuff and ever feel good about it?

They don't use it.

It's either a crackhead trying to flip it, or someone taking out competition.

Buddy texted me today, he went to check a camera that quit working. Was in a bear/security box on public. Someone bashed the box in, took card.

On private it happens all the time because they worry about prosecution, motivated so they don't get in trouble.

On public, it happens because they found something they don't want others to know about.

He already knows about the buck, it had sent him pics of it, plus has it on other cameras in that area.

Again, antlers make people do stupid shit, like claim shit they didn't shoot. I have personally seen that, plus sone good threads on it here.

KenLee

WKR
They sell the stolen stuff and buy drugs, or trade it for drugs.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
My neighbor's leaser in MO last year had a stand and a camera swiped and implicated me to the game warden. Don't know why the game warden was involved and not the county sheriff. I had a polite conversation with the warden pointing out a few facts. #1, I live 2000 miles away and #2 these guys are $hitbags with a lot of local enemies. A lot of people are just scumbags.

KenLee

WKR
My neighbor's leaser in MO last year had a stand and a camera swiped and implicated me to the game warden. Don't know why the game warden was involved and not the county sheriff. I had a polite conversation with the warden pointing out a few facts. #1, I live 2000 miles away and #2 these guys are $hitbags with a lot of local enemies. A lot of people are just scumbags.
You were the only person he knew that hunted and had the ability to pay restitution if railroaded.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
On public, it happens because they found something they don't want others to know about.

He already knows about the buck, it had sent him pics of it, plus has it on other cameras in that area.

I haven’t had a camera stolen, but do believe I’ve had one messed with because a buck, and a pretty average 6 point at that, was using the area.

Found some rubs and scat on the edge of a thicket and busted through it, on the other side there were multiple trails leading into some oak trees dropping acorns. I climbed a tree that day and saw the 6 from the stand, came within 20 yards of me but I never felt good about a shot (too much brush or not standing still) so he made it another day.

Hung some cameras in the area and let them soak for two weeks. Went back to check them and an empty lock on was hanging up about 100’ from where I had them placed. One of the cameras looked like an absolute deer stampede happened in front of it, not a single picture on it (the old photos I had from a previous spot were deleted as well) except for a guy walking straight away from it the day prior. I assume he deleted the pictures, then walked directly away from the camera in a way his photo would be taken to try and say he felt the spot was his.

I haven’t had a camera stolen, but do believe I’ve had one messed with because a buck, and a pretty average 6 point at that, was using the area.

Found some rubs and scat on the edge of a thicket and busted through it, on the other side there were multiple trails leading into some oak trees dropping acorns. I climbed a tree that day and saw the 6 from the stand, came within 20 yards of me but I never felt good about a shot (too much brush or not standing still) so he made it another day.

Hung some cameras in the area and let them soak for two weeks. Went back to check them and an empty lock on was hanging up about 100’ from where I had them placed. One of the cameras looked like an absolute deer stampede happened in front of it, not a single picture on it (the old photos I had from a previous spot were deleted as well) except for a guy walking straight away from it the day prior. I assume he deleted the pictures, then walked directly away from the camera in a way his photo would be taken to try and say he felt the spot was his.

Or he thought he would be gone in the 30 seconds before camera takes pics.

If his ass wasn't showing, I'd bet he thought he would be clear.

TXCO

WKR
Did they report him? What else happened?

He got reported and if I recall correctly got some penalties. He was a well known one man shop but I honestly cant remember his name, wish I could. There were some threads mentioning this incident and calling him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk