How ABSOLUTE LOW must one stoop?

Jimmy

WKR
I had my pickup stolen one time when I was out hunting.... then I realized I parked it farther down the road.

But seriously, I've thought about what I'd do if I caught someone stealing stuff from camp or breaking in my truck. If they are stupid enough to do that, they might be stupid enough to shoot back at a warning shot. I've decided that I'm going to do everything I can to avoid any shooting. Because once that starts, either I'm dead or I've had to unalive someone, and I'm not too excited to do that either.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not surprised. Though not backcountry, I've had several tree stands and cameras stolen while bear baiting in N Id. It always surprises me because it generally has to be other hunters. Hound guys are the worst. N Id scum bags are just as bad as anywhere.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Wonder just how far in and away from trails this truly was? It has surprised me to see guys here in CO setting up camps right off a busy hiking trail. I'm not saying that shifts the blame or anything, it still takes a shitty person to steal from someone else. But, I have always made sure to set my camps up in areas well away from traffic.

That sucks! I’ve never had anything major stolen but did have a small cheap John boat stolen a few yrs ago. My fault, I left it beside a back river channel over night…
And this year I had a trail camera stolen as well.
What I don’t understand is how in the world do people use stolen stuff and ever feel good about it?? Talk about a seared conscience!

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks! I’ve never had anything major stolen but did have a small cheap John boat stolen a few yrs ago. My fault, I left it beside a back river channel over night…
And this year I had a trail camera stolen as well.
What I don’t understand is how in the world do people use stolen stuff and ever feel good about it?? Talk about a seared conscience!
They aren’t built like us. They don’t care that they stole it. I stole a lollipop as a little kid and felt so bad about it I couldn’t ever imagine stealing anything again.