How ABSOLUTE LOW must one stoop?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
My coworker relayed this story to me this morning as it was our first day back after a 4 day weekend.
His nephew is a stud and an absolute machine in the mountains along with being a devoted, ethical passionate hunter.......a great guy as I know him.
He hunts solo and packed in a few miles this weekend for deer. He uses really good gear, has a tipi along with a titanium wood stove.
He gets his camp all set up and goes hunting. Gets back after dark whooped, ready for warm food and shelter and finds out some lowlife douche has taken his wood stove and pipe. He's absolutely bent and can't believe it AND its his only source of heating water.
I mean, come on, its the backcountry of Idaho. Really?

Randy

Ucsdryder

WKR
If he was really that far back, someone had something they were watching and removed competition.
Not that I’d ever even consider doing something like that, but imagine the giant cajones it would take to do that. Dude is somewhere out there with a rifle that can shoot 800 plus yards and you’re snooping around his camp stealing shit?

Matt5266

WKR
Damn that's crazy. I also backcountry hunt Idaho as this is where I live. Like you said , I have left alot of expensive gear in my tent occassionally. I'll probably think twice now. Thanks for sharing.

that is some low life scum bag sh**. I’m a generally paranoid person when it comes to my stuff not just hunting but in general. But when I’ve backpacked in like that, that’s the one time I’m not paranoid about my stuff getting stolen or messed with. Guess that’s not even safe anymore.

I’d be tempted to set camp up again and back out and watch to see if the thief returns for a 2nd time.

keller

WKR
Appears nothing is sacred anymore? Even to backcountry hunters. Sorry to hear this.we were just in AZ and worried about the same just off the road but nothing happened.

CJ19

WKR
its messed up bc I think we all expect a higher standard from our fellow hunters and outdoors people. That said, anytime you get robbed it really feels violating. a dirty disgusting feeling.