Horse Pack out Castle , Crazy, or Little Belt Mountains Montana?

Anyone know of or used in the past a licensed pack out service in either the Crazy, Castle, or Little Belt Mountains in the National Forest lands? My hunting partner had to have back surgery after the last time we hauled an elk out so now that's not an option anymore for him. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Crankbait, you'll be best off calling the recreation staff for that National Forest, the Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forest, to inquire and get information on the licensed and forest-approved outfitters for that part of the Forest. Keep in mind, for you to purchase packing services on a National Forest and to be legal, those services can only come from the approved outfitters and guides for the specific part of the Forest you wish to use. If you wish to rent pack animals, you could do so without using one of those outfitters, only if you receive the animals off the National Forest beforehand. If services are not available because the approved outfitters or guides are unavailable, which by now is likely going to be the case, the Forest would need to have that packer vetted and approved before you use them. Remember, paying for a packer is a commercial service, and such commercial services on a National Forest are regulated by Federal law. Call either the White Sulphur Springs office or the Belt Creek office to inquire. Phone numbers easily found with a google search. Good luck this season and with your healing and recovery!

OP
C
Thank you for your help. I worked my way through the Gallatin Forest approved outfitter list today with no luck. Tomorrow I will begin Helena-Lewis and Clark list. Thanks again!