Holy injexions!!

Lawnboi

WKR
I figured id take a picture for you guys who are thinking about these arrows, and thinking about wether they are worth the extra money over the axis.

here is a picture of 3 arrows. The skinnies is the injection, the next is an normal axis arrow, and the last is an S sized arrow (pse radial x) The difference is definetly noticeable.

1_zps79f94657.jpg

The wall thickness is noticeable as well. I think these are going to be tough little arrows.

OP
Evan Williams
Telling you guys!!! If you are hunting in higher winds and shooting longer distances they are the way to go. One of my hunting buddies and I were shooting 80 at his place for a warm-up and he was drifting 9" with the wind (400 FLATLINE and 2.1" Fusions) where mine (400 Injexion and 2.1" Fusions) drifted an 1-1.5". That means that with a 1 3/8" cutting RAMCAT (and for the numbers game I will call it an even 1.5") I am only "missing" my target by .25"-.75" inches. That is halving the diameter of my cutting width (1.5"/2=3/4"). Center shaft to outside cutting diameter at 80 yds. I am ok with that ;)

vcb

WKR
Just picked up a dozen today. Those inserts are tiny! Once I found out the ulmer edge was going to be offered in deep six I was in!

vcb

WKR
I was just going to run my standard blazers at a 3* R offset with my bohning jig. Think I should try something else? Tis the season for experiments!

vcb

WKR
Yeah if there is a better jig for these little tubes I would be interested in that. Thanks

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
I am running the RAMCAT on mine for a broadhead! 3" groups at 100 yds no plan on switching anytime soon!!! I am shooting 28" Draw length and my overall arrow length including nock was 27 1/8". I took off the factory crest and wrapped with some left over 4" I had and 2.1" Fusion vanes running 100 gr point and had a total weight of 393 grains.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but we are on the topic of arrows.

What method do most of you use to determine arrow length?

I've read some methonds online but it seems there are a couple different types of measurements, 1" or 1.5" longer than where the arrow meets the front of rest. I'd like to hear what hunters with experience are using. Does is really depend a whole lot on what type of rest you are using?

I don't have my bow yet ( probably a Hoyt Charger ) just trying to get all the info I can before I take the plunge.

Thanks

Lukem

WKR
I make sure they're long enough that I don't have any clearance issues and then use OT2 to help fine tune whether it's adjusting poundage or arrow length, etc.

OP
Evan Williams
Vcb,
Perfect plan on your arrows! I'm not a fan of a multi vane fletcher personally. They may be faster but my Helix and Bitz is more consistent!

OP
Evan Williams
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but we are on the topic of arrows.

What method do most of you use to determine arrow length?

I've read some methonds online but it seems there are a couple different types of measurements, 1" or 1.5" longer than where the arrow meets the front of rest. I'd like to hear what hunters with experience are using. Does is really depend a whole lot on what type of rest you are using?

I don't have my bow yet ( probably a Hoyt Charger ) just trying to get all the info I can before I take the plunge.

Thanks

I build my arrow to taste ( vanes and fletch ) then draw and have a buddy mark my arrow 1/4" in front of my rest at full draw! That simple!

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
I build my arrow to taste ( vanes and fletch ) then draw and have a buddy mark my arrow 1/4" in front of my rest at full draw! That simple!

Thanks Evan, a bit more straightforward than a computer program.

I really don't have alot of knowledge on arrows, fletching, nocks and braodheads. I've been following these thread and thinking I'd do what others are having success with.

After reading this thread the Injexions seems like a wise decision for arrow selection. Anyone here have a recommendation where I could get a set built or do you think I should invest in a jig and do it myself? huntersfriend.com has them built with 2 bohning blazers or 3-4" duravanes and field tips are included.
Is is better to have offset or straight? short or long fletches or is it just personal preference?

thanks

Hey Evan,

You are probably busily preparing for Louisville, but I had a question for you. What are your favorite vanes for hunting? Do you ever run four vanes? Why do some people use four vanes? I read that a lot of people like Flex Fletch Vanes; do you like them? Let me know if you see anything new in the vane department at the ATA, and also if you find new fletching jigs that will put helical on Injexions.

Oh, and can you find out if I can get Injexions without the factory wrap on them?

Thanks Evan!

(oh, and can you please make room in your inbox for pms?

john