Holster thoughts or recommendations

rclouse79

WKR
The one I had last year was from Amazon and was made to use with a belt. I sewed some webbing on it to attach to the mollee on my old hip belt. I have a T and T condor coming today. If I like it I will probably cut out most of the inner pockets and just use it for my pistol.

rclouse79

WKR
I ordered and returned a condor emt pouch. It would have been perfect, but a glock 20 is just a little too big.

rclouse79

WKR
I was looking for a 6x9 mollee pouch, to fit the gun perfectly. I found some, but they were all fairly thick. The one I ordered is 10x7 inches, but only 1.5 inches thick.

rclouse79

WKR
This is what the Condor T and T looks like with the pockets cut out of the inside67076760-3140-48E1-9E46-A080838BAF74.jpeg8029CCA4-B7C7-416E-90AA-F4B887D67765.jpegF3341A52-2B45-435F-8655-1DD1D091AEF1.jpeg

bline

FNG
I've been using a homemade chest holster much like the gunfighter with a bino chest harness over it. It's really comfortable, protected, and very accessible. The only thing that bugs me is having to take it off along with the bino harness every time I add or remove a layer of clothing.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Here's my journey so far...

For the first few years I hunted i just put a 9mm in a cheap kydex IWB holster in the loop of webbing just next to the waist buckle so it basically sat at the appendix spot. It worked just fine and after all the time in researching and money ive spent trying things out i wish i had never switched it up. For some reason i decided that I didnt think that method was awesome because I'd have to transfer it to my pants when the pack was off. Last year i tried carrying in a chest rig/bino pouch from hill people gear. Stays covered from dirt and brush and concealed around others so in a lot of ways it was a win, but more weight on the front...even with lifter straps. I got a good deal on a 10mm recently so that would be even more weight on the chest.

I'm now thinking about going back to some sort of waist/drop holster option. are there any issues going through thick brush or crawling around when carrying in a drop holster? I wonder about issues scratching the firearm or dirt/debris with a drop holster and the firearm being partially exposed. Is that ever a problem? Is it awkward to hike with a drop holster?

What works best for you?
Get a Kenai chest holster and be done with it.

So comfortable and accessible. Super simple. Pull into camp after a day chasing elk in N Idaho and never take it off. Never think about it. Seriously. Crawling into the rack, it’s time to take it off.

Accessible. Secure. Simple. Comfortable.

Anyone have any experience with the Ivory EMG pack holster? Looks like it attaches right to your hip belt. Might have to remove a belt pouch on one side to use it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bsevans5

FNG
Get a Kenai chest holster and be done with it.

So comfortable and accessible. Super simple. Pull into camp after a day chasing elk in N Idaho and never take it off. Never think about it. Seriously. Crawling into the rack, it’s time to take it off.

Accessible. Secure. Simple. Comfortable.
so do you just wear a traditional bino harness over the kenai, so basically the pistol is sandwiched between your body and the bino harness?

Drop leg holsters with straps combined with long sweaty walks are a good way to start a brush fire somewhere between your knee and your crotch. If you go belt, Look at a $20 gadget safariland sells called a UBL. It is rigid kydex and will accept three hole pattern holsters ans get them low enough to clear your pack belt.

rclouse79

WKR
I apologize if I am over sharing but I am so happy with how this turned out that I have to tell someone, and my wife could care less. This is pretty much what I was looking for online, but couldn’t find.
After cutting the pockets out I had accidentally cut the inner lining so I cut it out and removed the foam to leave just the pocket. Removing the foam made it lose some rigidity so the pistol seemed to fall against the outer side, causing to bulge out. I busted out my thread injection machine and Frankensteined together parts and pieces from other things I had bought and moved on from. Now the weight of the pistol is secured against the belt and it wouldn’t fall out even if the zipper were opened all the way. I was happy when I found I could follow the stitching on the mollee to give the Velcro rectangle some extra strength.

37D7DDD8-B8F1-4FCE-8A0F-302F65280EA4.jpegA078005A-9DA8-4CD6-8902-CDE70A843FE0.jpegC85BEFFE-03EF-48BE-80D4-9B14DE3A0FB0.jpeg

Elk97

WKR
I carry a Ruger Redhawk 44 revolver in a Mystery Ranch holster on my belt. I tried a drop holster and hated it. I think a chest rig would add too much weight with the bino harness. The Mystery Ranch isn't perfect but fits under my pack belt and holds the gun solid. Only problem is sometimes it starts getting a bit sore on the offside where my belt pulls on my hip bone, cna usually adjust it though.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
What about the FHF gear Bino harness with the drop holster below it? I'm fixin' to go that route with my G20. I've heard great testimonials.

Fatcamp

WKR
So I found this no-name pouch that came with se stuff my wife bought. Just fits a G17 and an easier fit with a G19. Both with an IWB holster on. Measures 8x5.

Gonna look for a better color and build.

20230305_082245.jpg

@Blacktocomm @Bsevans5
Am I reading your responses right that you have both a double stack handgun and binos in your HPG chest rig? If so which model/size do you have?

I’m interested in getting a HPG chest pack to hold both a double stack (G19) and compact binos (8x30 Maven B3) but wasn’t sure which model/size that can work with.

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
@Blacktocomm @Bsevans5
Am I reading your responses right that you have both a double stack handgun and binos in your HPG chest rig? If so which model/size do you have?

I’m interested in getting a HPG chest pack to hold both a double stack (G19) and compact binos (8x30 Maven B3) but wasn’t sure which model/size that can work with.
I use the Runners kit bag and can VERY TIGHTLY fit inside the following:
  • Sig p365xl with Holosun 407k - no light
  • Vortex Viper 10x42
  • Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter
  • Bushnell Range Finder
  • Keys
  • Chapstick
  • Slim wallet
The pistol is on the right side in the back pocket, the binos are on the left side front pocket and all the other stuff fits around those. It is very tight though.

I have multiple times debated changing my setup for more wiggle room, but haven't yet taken the plunge in getting a new setup.

OP
B

Bsevans5

FNG
@Blacktocomm @Bsevans5

I have a recon kit bag and a hpg bino pouch mounted on the front