High volume archery hunt

I am curious for some input for high volume archery hunt options? Outside of hogs, what are the best hunts with higher bag limits to build up archery spot and stalk experience? I guess exotics in texas or africa are a given but not really intriguing or in my budget honestly. Anyone done any big game hunts that you could take 2+ animals in a week? Axis in Hawaii? Blacktail in AK? Cull deer anywhere? Open to any and all experiences. Thanks!

Edit- I am a michigander so I do kill a few whitetail every year but its from a blind or stand

Last edited:
Whitetail should definitely be on that list. You can usually take multiple in multiple states within a few miles of home (though not sure where you live).

Axis doe hunts as well as some of the sheep in TX can be had for like $250 so that may be a an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JNDEER

WKR
Archery spot and stalk & 2+ animals a week?

Hogs and HI goats are the only two I know of. If you can kill two HI axis with a bow spot and talk within 5 days that is ELITE!

OP
sebastian.cassell
If you are wanting to build up spot and stalk experience, archery pronghorn is the ticket. It's not "high volume" as in killing animals but you can get a few seasons worth of stalks in a week.
I guess the high volume wording probably wasnt perfect but this is exactly what I mean. I haven’t done antelope yet with a bow and would think it would be perfect to get a ton of experience. I would like practice actually executing a perfect shot on a game animal as well though under pressure. It probably all comes down to time with a tag in the field.

TBarron

WKR
For the cost of axis in HI of blacktail in AK you can take 5-6 plains game animals in South Africa. Bow hunting baboons was the funnest thing I’ve ever done. $75 a pop and they and very challenging to hunt still. They have 3D vision like us so they are very smart but have to hit water holes every couple of hours because they get thirsty multiple times a day like us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
I guess the high volume wording probably wasnt perfect but this is exactly what I mean. I haven’t done antelope yet with a bow and would think it would be perfect to get a ton of experience. I would like practice actually executing a perfect shot on a game animal as well though under pressure. It probably all comes down to time with a tag in the field.
Not spot and stalk, but bow fishing will give you lots of shot opportunities and is a lot of fun.

OP
sebastian.cassell
For the cost of axis in HI of blacktail in AK you can take 5-6 plains game animals in South Africa. Bow hunting baboons was the funnest thing I’ve ever done. $75 a pop and they and very challenging to hunt still. They have 3D vision like us so they are very smart but have to hit water holes every couple of hours because they get thirsty multiple times a day like us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have hunted africa with a rifle and it was a great time. Hard to justify the cost of travel and time to travel but I do agree they have plenty of game to get experience chasing. Baboons are top of my list if I ever get to go back