High end squirrel hunting scope

Ac338

WKR
Looking for opinions on a higher end scope to put on a T1X .22LR. This will strictly be used for small game hunting but would still like to put something on it that will hold zero and take some abuse as I’m typically banging stuff around. I do prefer variable power for small game. Thanks in advance

wesfromky

WKR
I have also been looking to upgrade my diamondback rimefire, but it is hard to find one with parallax set at 50. The ones with adjustable parallax also tend to be bigger, heavier, and more expensive than what I would like.

ironman69

FNG
The Vortex Crossfire is actually a good scope you should try.
It has an excellent optical clarity and it's very durable.
But its slightly heavy.

Rich M

WKR
Put a bushnell on it. You don't need the low light capabilities and the Bushnell Banners used to be near bullet-proof. I have one on my deer rifle - most deer I see are at 8:30-10 am and once it gets twilight I pack up.

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
I’m really tempted to try the Swfa ultralight 50yd parallax model. Does anyone have experience using this scope for squirrel hunting? Also eying the Leupold 3-9x33 EFR or 2-7x33 rimfire even though I’m not a huge Leupold fan. I’m having more trouble picking a rimfire scope than I do choosing optics for any of my other firearms

RWT

WKR
I have the SWFA and it fits a 22 well. It is currently riding on a Howa mini and as soon as my Huron is back I am switching out. The SWFA will go back on a 10/22. The lightweight is nice and for squirrel ranges it works well. The Huron is easier to get behind quicker, but a Huron is a little big for a 22lr IMO.

TaperPin

WKR
At 75 yards I’d want at least 12x and if you shoot to 100 a high end of at least 14x or 16x is much better. Unlike big game, small targets require lots of magnification.

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
I just ordered the Swfa ultralight. I’ll get it in the woods in the next couple weeks assuming it shows up and I’ll let you guys know how it does

Loper

WKR
I just ordered the Swfa ultralight. I’ll get it in the woods in the next couple weeks assuming it shows up and I’ll let you guys know how it does

Where did you order it from? I thought it’s been out of stock in SWFA’s website for several months and I don’t even see it in there now. Did you get it used?

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
Where did you order it from? I thought it’s been out of stock in SWFA’s website for several months and I don’t even see it in there now. Did you get it used?
I ordered it straight from SWFA, click the 3 tabs click riflescopes and click ss ultralight. Still showing it in stock for me. I ordered the 2.5-10x33 ss ultralight rimfire model. If you don’t want the rimfire model the 5.56 bdc ultralight model is also in stock