Hey y’all!

Blooze

FNG
Howdy from SW KS. Getting back into rifle hunting after a 40 year bow hunting trip that went from wheels to recurves to longbows to self bows. Shoulders are shot so I got a new X-bolt HC 6.5CM 22” with the Recoil Hawg brake a few weeks ago.

Anyway, been lurking a while and figured I better introduce myself.

Bigsky108

FNG
Hey there!
How're you liking the new rifle? I was looking into those Xbolts recently. I'd like to get a 300prc and was split on whether I should buy a Browning xbolt, Bergara or another Christensen.

My current hunting rifle is a 6.5prc Mesa from Christensen and I am impressed how dang accurate that rifle is.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
B

Blooze

FNG
Welcome, and what optic are you going to run on that rifle?
Right now I just have a Leupold VX Freedom 3-9x40 on it because it was free. Not digging the thickness of the duplex reticle though. With my less than stellar eyesight at 100 yards the crosshairs nearly cover a 1" dot, so a 1" group I feel is pretty good. Good enough for deer hunting out to 300 yds anyway. I'd like to put a better optic on it for next year though.

OP
B

Blooze

FNG
Hey there!
How're you liking the new rifle? I was looking into those Xbolts recently. I'd like to get a 300prc and was split on whether I should buy a Browning xbolt, Bergara or another Christensen.

My current hunting rifle is a 6.5prc Mesa from Christensen and I am impressed how dang accurate that rifle is.
I've only had the one day to shoot it, but I like it so far. I really wanted the Tikka T3X, but the extra little bit of stock length just made it feel a bit like I was stretching. It would be nice if the X-Bolt HC was stainless though. The ring mount holes on the receiver made me nervous becuase of all the stories you see about them stripping out, but I used some VC3 threadlocker and Talley's set to 18 inlbs without any issues. I was only able to shoot 1" groups at best with it, but I didn't have a proper rest at all and like I said above, the scope is not the best IMO.

Welcome I have a A-Bolt in 7mm WSM love it and shoots sub-MOA. for western state hunting. Have a Tikka in 338 Federal for here back east it shoots better than I can.