Need rest suggestions.

Blooze

FNG
I bought my new X-Bolt HC 6.5CM (22” with the Hawg brake) a few weeks ago and finally had the chance to try it out last weekend. I’ve been away from rifles for decades so my gear acquisition is pretty much non-existent. My wife got me a MTM HLST for my birthday and I used it to shoot off of. I don’t really have proper bags or a rest so it was somewhat of a PiTA, but I got it close at 100 yards and then proceeded to keep shooting a couple boxes to feel more comfortable. I was able to get right at 1 MOA with ELD-X and American Whitetail close to the same POI by the time I was done. Scope sux ( VX Freedom 3x9-40 with duplex) with my lousy vision so that’ll be upgraded next year. In the meantime I’m looking for suggestions on bags or rests to look at. Looked at a Caldwell BR (with some mods) and a rear bag. Something in that $250 or less area for now. There are so many bag selections I’m not sure which ones would be best with my stock?

Bigsky108

FNG
Congratulations on the new rifle!

Unless you are trying to shoot competition, I would just pick up the Caldwell Deadshot combo front and rear set. I wanna say that I picked mine up years ago for like $35 and they work great👍🏻

Happy shooting.

bsnedeker

WKR
Congratulations on the new rifle!

Unless you are trying to shoot competition, I would just pick up the Caldwell Deadshot combo front and rear set. I wanna say that I picked mine up years ago for like $35 and they work great👍🏻

Happy shooting.
Yep, no reason to get crazy on a set of bags with sand in them. I also have the same caldwell set and I've been using it for over 5 years. It works fine for me, For reference I go to the range at least twice a month...weekly during the off season and I shoot targets out to 400 yards (longest shot my range has). I've never felt the need to "upgrade" my shooting bags.

Have not been to a real range in years. I do all my shooting from a bipod, a pack, or the mirror of the toyota.

My folks have been using the same sandbags for over 20 years now. Sandbags made outta the legs on wore out levi's